sw ohio duck hunting

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

sw ohio duck hunting

Postby roughneck » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:17 pm

i was just wondering if anyone out there is hunting in the sw corner of ohio? let me know, i will check this site often. maybe we can make our hunting experience even better. i hunt the big river most of the time. we have been seeing a lot of ducks. saturday should be great. have a great hunt.
roughneck
Newb

Postby southINhunter » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:22 am

I live in SouthEast Indiana (madison) I am from Cincinnati originally.and have yet to waterfowl hunt but would love any experience that you can share with me.
southINhunter
hunter

glad to?

Postby roughneck » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:52 am

i am not sure where madison in is, but if you are familiar with cincinnati, we hunt the ohio river near the in state line. the hunting the pretty good, but it gets busy. it is better during the week. saturday will be packed. good luck and let me know how it goes.
roughneck
Newb

Postby southINhunter » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:42 pm

I live about 40 minutes west of the state line. Do you hunt from a boat, or on land? I work a weird schedule and am free during the week more than on weekends. If you ever have a empty spot in the blind give me a yell. Would love to learn to hunt this part of the country for waterfowl.
southINhunter
hunter

the hunt

Postby roughneck » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:02 pm

i hunt from a boat. mostly we hunt the great miami river and the ohio river. we went saturday and i was very crowded. we did not see as many birds as i thought we would, we boated 3. poor shooting has a little to do with it. i also work a crazy schedule and i would rather hunt during the week also, it is a lot less crowded. once the holidays are over maybe we can go on a hunt. let me know we you are available.
roughneck
Newb

Postby southINhunter » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:29 am

sounds great!! I am getting ready to go to the bass pro shop right now. (xmas shop for the wife is the excuse) I would love to hook up after the holidays and try a hunt . I have been seeing a few birds on the river bottoms this week. We have a coal fired power plant over the hill from my house and the geese have been flocking there in the evenings on the hot ash ponds. hard to compete with that. I will e mail you my info.
southINhunter
hunter

Postby Fowl_habit » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:18 am

Can any of you boys tell me what the rules are for Indian Lake duck hunting?

I'm in need of a hunting fix for the second half.. south zone style..

Jerr
Fowl_habit
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting