Land available south of CLE???

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Land available south of CLE???

Postby downDbirds » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:43 am

I just moved south of Cleveland and I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but does anyone know land for lease south of CLE? Possibly Columbia Station, even as far west as Sandusky? Medina etc....any public land? not to familar

Im driving 2.5 hours now, want to find something closer. I know its a long shot! Don't remind me
downDbirds
Newb

Re: Land available south of CLE???

Postby sc83 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:31 pm

Funk bottoms, Killbuck, and Mosquito are all public. All pretty close to the Cleveland/canton/akron area.
sc83
hunter

Postby downDbirds » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:08 am

Thanks, I will have to check out Funk bottom, Mosquito had a draw which we didn't win a spot, its either you get a decent spot or you don't. don't want to pack up all the decoys and drive to set up in a crappy spot where you aren't even going to spot a bird. Im going to google funk bottom.

I wish there was private land I could lease, I see farms around. I think I may just go up and ask... hope no one is a crazy person, waiting with a rifle at the door to greet me :hi:
downDbirds
Newb

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:29 am

downDbirds wrote:Thanks, I will have to check out Funk bottom, Mosquito had a draw which we didn't win a spot, its either you get a decent spot or you don't. don't want to pack up all the decoys and drive to set up in a crappy spot where you aren't even going to spot a bird. Im going to google funk bottom.

I wish there was private land I could lease, I see farms around. I think I may just go up and ask... hope no one is a crazy person, waiting with a rifle at the door to greet me :hi:

No birds in funk :wink: . Better get up early to get your spot. I live 14 miles from there and have to be there at oh about 3 am. Killbuck is having a draw for the first week of the season.
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting