East Harbor ramps

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, cartervj, jsa, andrew_kirby

East Harbor ramps

Postby t_baker » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:07 pm

Thinking about going up to East Harbor in 2 weeks after the weekend opener for Lake Erie zone. Got the killing tickle and I need to itch it. I don't want to put in at Mazurik and cut across there in my 14 foot. Be my luck and have 6 footers that day. I would like to just put in at the Harbor. Someone told me that there is a ramp at the state park but I couldn't get through to the office today. Can anyone confirm this? The only other public ramp I have found in the harbor is at Tibbles, and they dont open the ramp until 7 am.
t_baker
hunter

Re: East Harbor ramps

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:04 pm

It's a pay ramp according to this. where are you trying to go

http://www.eastharborstatepark.org/marina.htm
if you can keep your head when everyone is losing theirs, you don't understand the situation.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby ohio mike » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:38 pm

Why don't you just hunt Sandusky Bay. The locals at East Harbor get a little grouchy.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby t_baker » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:27 pm

ohio mike wrote:Why don't you just hunt Sandusky Bay. The locals at East Harbor get a little grouchy.

Never been to either. Just felt like doing something different. And I may be ok with the locals. I think I have a Rumer boy going with me if I go. His boat is docked there and we are talking about hunting the morning and fishing the afternoon.
t_baker
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:09 am

ohio mike wrote:Why don't you just hunt Sandusky Bay. The locals at East Harbor get a little grouchy.

I know how to hunt Sandusky bay and where to put in if someone wants to take me :biggrin:
if you can keep your head when everyone is losing theirs, you don't understand the situation.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby t_baker » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:41 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:

I know how to hunt Sandusky bay and where to put in if someone wants to take me :biggrin:

Good huntin?
t_baker
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:43 am

t_baker wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:

Good huntin?

Can be especially if the lake is hopping
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby t_baker » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:51 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
t_baker wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:

Good huntin?

water depths?
t_baker
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:09 am

t_baker wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
t_baker wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:

Good huntin?

water depths?

5-10 unless you are in the turning basin or the shipping channels then you're looking at 30+. You would be south of the coal docks so no more than 10
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:17 am

We are internet friends so i will tell you to put in here

http://www.coldcreektroutcamp.com/Cold_Marina.htm
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Ducksnuff870 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:29 am

I hunt willow point. It doesnt get much easier to put a boat in the bay there. Ive had some luck there. I often wonder what the hunting is like east of Willow.
Ducksnuff870
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting