Duck hunting in ohio

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Duck hunting in ohio

Postby JakeMarsh15 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:17 pm

Last edited by JakeMarsh15 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JakeMarsh15
Newb

Re: Duck hunting in ohio

Postby t_baker » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:09 pm

JakeMarsh15 wrote:Hello all! I had a couple questions for you guys that have hunted around more Northern ohio. I live near Cleveland, but i work part time in Wyoming near Jacksonhole during the summers as a fly fishing guide, and i usually stick around for a month or two after summer to hunt ducks and mule deer. I am coming home early this year so i am going to hunt various public areas. I am a little worried, however, because I'm not really sure what to expect. Is it crowded? dangerous? Shady hunters? sky busters? I have done a lot of research on the different areas on google earth and got a good idea of where I'm gonna go. Im trying to get the lay of the land because i really don't wanna (although i will) wake up at 4am to go to an area where there is 20 other hunters blowing their calls like kazoos. any advice is extremely appreciated!

Don't waste your time.
t_baker
hunter

Postby JakeMarsh15 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:54 pm

t_baker wrote:
JakeMarsh15 wrote:Hello all! I had a couple questions for you guys that have hunted around more Northern ohio. I live near Cleveland, but i work part time in Wyoming near Jacksonhole during the summers as a fly fishing guide, and i usually stick around for a month or two after summer to hunt ducks and mule deer. I am coming home early this year so i am going to hunt various public areas. I am a little worried, however, because I'm not really sure what to expect. Is it crowded? dangerous? Shady hunters? sky busters? I have done a lot of research on the different areas on google earth and got a good idea of where I'm gonna go. Im trying to get the lay of the land because i really don't wanna (although i will) wake up at 4am to go to an area where there is 20 other hunters blowing their calls like kazoos. any advice is extremely appreciated!

Don't waste your time.

Hey thanks man. I appreciate it. All i was asking is help. =/
JakeMarsh15
Newb

Postby t_baker » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:34 pm

Not being a ****, just saying it takes a lot of work in Ohio to kill a few ducks a year. You will be highly disappointed.
t_baker
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:25 am

Baker is about right. I live about an hour south of Cleveland. lots of public ground hunted almost every weekend. Limited out twice. lots of skunks and and if you wake up at 4 am you're late. It's not too dangerous but it is crowded people are stupid.
quacknstack6 wrote:It's Shaun douchenozzle.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting