Teal Spreads

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

Teal Spreads

Postby Sureshot99 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:07 pm

Hey guys, had a few questions about teal. going out for teal next season and was wondering if i should add some teal decoys. My spread right now consists of mallards, woodies and pintails. I have never really gotten any teal in ohio. the only teal i ever shoot is when i go with friends to Arkansas.
Last edited by Sureshot99 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sureshot99
Newb

Re: Teal Spreads

Postby t_baker » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:37 pm

I only have a dozen teal decoys. Usually throw about 4 mallards in with them and hunt. I have found that teal love mojo's also.
t_baker
hunter

Postby Sureshot99 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:16 pm

t_baker wrote:I only have a dozen teal decoys. Usually throw about 4 mallards in with them and hunt. I have found that teal love mojo's also.

Im going to pick up some GHG green wings and maybe the teal mojo for next season, hopefully ill get a few this year. Its definitely different hunting down there in Stuttgart, thats for sure. We got 14 of those 18 in the first hour and a half of shooting time.
Sureshot99
Newb

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:26 am

t_baker wrote:I only have a dozen teal decoys. Usually throw about 4 mallards in with them and hunt. I have found that teal love mojo's also.

X2
Lonely wives, dirty trucks , and happy dogs.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting