Funk bottoms

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Funk bottoms

Postby Bonesaw » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:17 am

Hello all I am new to the site and new to duck hunting in general. I have been trying to do some homework on spots where I can go next year without having to enter a drawing. Is funk bottoms open to the public or do you have to enter a drawing. Also how is the hunting there I pass it all the time while working and it looks like a good spot. Also curious about Monroe lake is it open to the public?

Thanks all
Bonesaw
hunter

Re: Funk bottoms

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:55 pm

Funk is open to the public. So will killbuck next year. They aren't doing a killbuck drawing anymore. Lots of idiots in funk. And you have to be there early
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Bonesaw » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:24 pm

Thanks for the reply and the information. I'm just getting started so trying to find spots is my priority right now. I know a lot of farmers that have ponds and big corn fields so hopefully I won't need to go to public land but you can never have too many spots! Any idea about Monroe lake? I deer hunt there a lot see a bunch of ducks when I go mostly woodies.
Bonesaw
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:51 pm

Never been to Monroe lake sorry
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Bonesaw » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:09 pm

Alright thanks for the info anyway. I appreciate it
Bonesaw
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting