Funk bottoms

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, cartervj, jsa, andrew_kirby

Funk bottoms

Postby Bonesaw » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:17 am

Hello all I am new to the site and new to duck hunting in general. I have been trying to do some homework on spots where I can go next year without having to enter a drawing. Is funk bottoms open to the public or do you have to enter a drawing. Also how is the hunting there I pass it all the time while working and it looks like a good spot. Also curious about Monroe lake is it open to the public?

Thanks all
Bonesaw
hunter

Re: Funk bottoms

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:55 pm

Funk is open to the public. So will killbuck next year. They aren't doing a killbuck drawing anymore. Lots of idiots in funk. And you have to be there early
if you can keep your head when everyone is losing theirs, you don't understand the situation.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Bonesaw » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:24 pm

Thanks for the reply and the information. I'm just getting started so trying to find spots is my priority right now. I know a lot of farmers that have ponds and big corn fields so hopefully I won't need to go to public land but you can never have too many spots! Any idea about Monroe lake? I deer hunt there a lot see a bunch of ducks when I go mostly woodies.
Bonesaw
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:51 pm

Never been to Monroe lake sorry
if you can keep your head when everyone is losing theirs, you don't understand the situation.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Bonesaw » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:09 pm

Alright thanks for the info anyway. I appreciate it
Bonesaw
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting