Build day on the 11th for central and southern Ohio

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

Build day on the 11th for central and southern Ohio

Postby big-fields » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:45 pm

Start time 9 am

I picked up about enough material for hopefully 100 hen tubes today. We are going to build hen tubes, but if you bring material for wood duck boxes we can pound them out also. (roughly need 12 feet of board by 12 inches wide for one wood duck box) I would be glad to help build a couple of boxes if you supply the material.

If you think bring more material please feel free to let me know and we'll plan for other material to finish them out. If you bring more wire looking at 2in. by 4in. squares atleast 30 in. long and will need 2 feet wide for one tube.

Bring wire cuts (tin snips) and needle nose pliers to crimp lines on. I would also bring a lite pair of leather gloves because I'm sure we'll all get poked a couple of times.

Address is 699 Carrol Eastern Rd NW
Baltimore 43105

I would love for everyone to take home a couple tubes for placement in there home areas. Hopefully take about 5 hours to complete and we can do a small grill out to complete the day. If you could bring a donation to offset the build material (Nothing major) just to help offset the costs it would be helpfull. We'll get some pics from the "WORKERS" to place on the OWA site for everyone to enjoy!

Thanks
Aaron Lynch
big-fields
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting