Garden Time

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Garden Time

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:44 am

I'm doing Tomatoes Jalapenos ,and Green Pepper. Going to start the seeds this weekend.
quacknstack6 wrote:It's Shaun douchenozzle.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 11623
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio


Re: Garden Time

Postby t_baker » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:26 pm

I have about a 30x40 garden that I am planning on doing just sweet corn in. Gonna do some tomatoes, and peppers in buckets this year. Hopefully low maintenance.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 7118
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: Garden Time

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:58 am

t_baker wrote:I have about a 30x40 garden that I am planning on doing just sweet corn in. Gonna do some tomatoes, and peppers in buckets this year. Hopefully low maintenance.


How do you keep the sweet corn from cross pollinating with all the field corn around you?
quacknstack6 wrote:It's Shaun douchenozzle.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 11623
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Garden Time

Postby t_baker » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:12 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
t_baker wrote:I have about a 30x40 garden that I am planning on doing just sweet corn in. Gonna do some tomatoes, and peppers in buckets this year. Hopefully low maintenance.


How do you keep the sweet corn from cross pollinating with all the field corn around you?


Hell if I know? Field will be in beans this year. The smaller back field is in wheat. Garden is probably 100 yard or more from the fields.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 7118
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: Garden Time

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:33 am

t_baker wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
t_baker wrote:I have about a 30x40 garden that I am planning on doing just sweet corn in. Gonna do some tomatoes, and peppers in buckets this year. Hopefully low maintenance.


How do you keep the sweet corn from cross pollinating with all the field corn around you?


Hell if I know? Field will be in beans this year. The smaller back field is in wheat. Garden is probably 100 yard or more from the fields.


Just wondered. Had a buddy plant Indian corn to close to his field corn. turned his field corn purple and the mill rejected it.
quacknstack6 wrote:It's Shaun douchenozzle.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 11623
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Garden Time

Postby t_baker » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:11 pm

My one buddy plants about 3 acres of sweet corn every year in one of his corn fields. Puts it right in his planter and sells it at their feed store back at the farm. It is always good corn.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 7118
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: Garden Time

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:13 pm

I'm going to try upside down tomatoes this year. see if i get anymore that normal tomatoes.
quacknstack6 wrote:It's Shaun douchenozzle.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 11623
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio


Return to Ohio Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests