Hunting at Paint Creek...........

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Hunting at Paint Creek...........

Postby joe33bbx » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:53 am

Hello all. I am new to this site and i was wondering if anyone has any info on Paint Creek state park. Goigng to go Down there Sat and was wondering if anyone has seen any birds there this year. Thanks alot. :thumbsup:
A BAD DAY HUNTING IS STILL BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
joe33bbx
hunter

Postby joe33bbx » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:41 am

Well thanks for all the responses. We shot 7 woodies 5 drake mallards and 2 geese. we had several flocks before the shooting time arrived. Paint Creek proved to be quite a nice hunt. We set up off the rattlesnake ramp towards the dam area.

For all the cyber scouters that everyone bitches about. You can ask me about any hunting spot I may have. Life is too short to be greedy.

We even got to see 1 bald eagle.......... what a morning.

P.m. me if anyone needs help scouting an area. I'm all about helping other hunters fill their freezers.

Before anyone says "Wait till someone is in your spot" my response is "get downwind and pick up the ones they miss." there are plenty of spots to hunt. I have never been to this area and what a haul...................................
joe33bbx
hunter

Postby whack'em » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:46 am

any pics of that hunt? Sounds like a heck of a hunt, especially in the first split of Ohio when you're basically shooting local birds. My buddy hunts down there and he hasn't been seeing that many birds :huh:

As far as people and spots, I am personally very quiet about my spots. I spend too much money in gas scouting and knocking on doors to tell everyone where I hunt at. Call me greedy because I am. I like my money and I like my hunting spots :yes:
whack'em
hunter

Postby joe33bbx » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:41 pm

we didn't have the digital camera with us when we got to my buddys house. I went out this evening and whacked one........ I had some baked Woodie today watching the bengals........lol..... I fully understand about the being greedy comment. I enjoy watching others benefit from some of my hard work. I learned a long time ago that life is way too short. I had a guy who kept asking me about one of my fishing holes and I refused to tell him where I was catching all of my fish. He saw me at the bait shop one night while I was heading out fishing and he hinted that he would like to go with me and I made up an excuse to not let him go and when i returned home they told me he had gotten killed on his way fishing. I always think that maybe he would still be alive if I hadn't been so selfish. That is my opinion and believe me i will judge none for being protective of their spots. I know as well as any that to get on the ducks you have to put your time in and do your scouting. Maybe someday we could get together and share some hunts.......... Just a thought. Where are you located?
joe33bbx
hunter

Postby Ohio Wildfowler » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:32 pm

joe33bbx Welcome Aboard here at Duck Hunting Chat

I have only been on Paint Creek one time and I was there fishing. I don't know much about the lake but we did ok or at least better fishing there than Rocky Fork.
Tim

DU Committee (Miami County)

Take a kid hunting today and pass the tradition on to tomorrow.

There is always a need for speed with steel shot
Ohio Wildfowler
Forum & State Moderator

Postby rsduckman » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Sounds like a great place to be hunting. I have never hunted there but I do hunt Deercreek and Delaware alot. But not much flying at Delaware although I did bag my first banded mallard. Suprisingly it wasn't a local bird. It was banded in August in Saskatchewan.
rsduckman
hunter

Postby joe33bbx » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:08 pm

How has the hunting been at deer creek?

I have fished paint creek all my life, Just started duck hunting this year because i got tired of the geese stinking up my fishing hole.........lol...... so i figured i would start eating them instead.
joe33bbx
hunter

Postby rsduckman » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:55 pm

I hunted Deercreek twice both times were bright sunny days and things were slow.
rsduckman
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting