URGENT! Need a guid in Cincinnati Area

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: cartervj, jsa

URGENT! Need a guid in Cincinnati Area

Postby pah2owaterfowler » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:35 pm

Good afternoon,

This is my first post. I am from PA, however, I must spend Christmas in Cincinnati, OH with inlaws.

I have been a diehard waterfowl hunter for 25 years. My nephew, who lives in Cincy wants to go on his first hunt. He has already taken his Safety course.

I am trying to find a guide to take us out hunting within a 1-1/2 hour drive of Cincinnati. Even Eastern Indiana or Northern Kentucky would do. I am looking primarily for ducks, but goose hunting would be OK. If all else fails, I wouldn't mind taking him on a canned pheasant hunt over a dog.

Could someone out there recommend a guide or pheasant operation in this area? If not, are you a freelancer that wouldn't mind taking out a kid on his first hunt with me? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Postby tstroud05 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:30 pm

Here is a place out by my house. http://cherrybendhunting.com/
I personally haven't hunted it, but my buddies say it's a pretty good place to hunt. It would be about an hour to 1 1/2 hr. drive from Cinci, depending on what part of Cinci. Let me know if you want any more info.
Hey there 'lil fella', ready to meet your maker?

Postby joe33bbx » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:36 pm

Cherrybend is a good one, there is also Holly Hills game preserve outside of greenfield. They love getting youth involved.

holly hills link>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.ohiogiantbuck.com/UplandBirdHunting.aspx

Call ahead they stay pretty busy............. We took 3 youth hunters to their annual pheasants forever hunt and had a blast.

Hope this helps!

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting