Duck huntin

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Duck huntin

Postby mallardman36 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:56 pm

Hey all, i live in northern ohio, lookin for some huntin buddies to hunt geese and ducks, my freinds seemed to turn into babies in the cold, and always want to hunt deer. Any 1 ? Thanks Roy
mallardman36
hunter

Postby Ohio Wildfowler » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:50 pm

Roy

:welcome: aboard

Where do you live ? I'm down around Tipp City but usually hunt GLSM. I have the same type of hunting buddies. When it gets cold they are at home on the couch!! :lol:
Tim

DU Committee (Miami County)

Take a kid hunting today and pass the tradition on to tomorrow.

There is always a need for speed with steel shot
Ohio Wildfowler
Forum & State Moderator

Huntin Buddies

Postby mallardman36 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:22 pm

Im about a hr south of lake erie, i hunt killbuck marsh allot, beach city, and many diff private properties. What city is it ur in? Ive hunted the scioto river a little , 1 of my ( buddies) lives down that way. Roy
mallardman36
hunter

Postby BuckeyeHunter » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:44 pm

I live a little north of Columbus so its about 1.5 hours to Killbuck and 2 hours to Beach City. I've never been to either but I usually travel over an hour to hunt as it is now. I've never hunted waterfowl but I have plenty of experience with pheasants, rabbits etc and would love to get out duck or goose hunting. I just have no clue where to start as I don't know anyone who hunts them. I've been searching around lately for some ideas on how to hunt them without a decoy spread and came across this site. I obviously can't give much knowledge but if you (or anyone else) want someone to share any expenses or just want someone to hunt with who is very respectful and a fast learner, I'm more than willing. Poor weather doesn't bother me either, I just love a chance to get out.
BuckeyeHunter
Newb

Postby Ohio Wildfowler » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:07 pm

BuckeyeHunter

:welcome: aboard

My north zone season is just about over being the ice got my blind that didn't have to be down during the split and the firing line blind on GLSM has to be taken down during the split.

I still have a boat blind and layout boat to work with if we get some new ducks though and with the south zone coming back in it will more than likely keep me closer to home.
Tim

DU Committee (Miami County)

Take a kid hunting today and pass the tradition on to tomorrow.

There is always a need for speed with steel shot
Ohio Wildfowler
Forum & State Moderator

Postby rsduckman » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:14 pm

Buckeyehunter ,

Welcome to this site and to duck hunting. This is a good site for information. I'm in Hilliard Ohio if your close we might be able to get together on a hunt sometime. Or anyone else wanting to pair up. 8 days till south zone opens and Im seeing alot of divers. Good luck to ya all.
Roger
rsduckman
hunter

Postby BuckeyeHunter » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:34 pm

Thanks for the Welcome, I'm in Lewis Center so Hilliard is definitely close.
BuckeyeHunter
Newb

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting