Magge Marsh 11/28

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, cartervj, jsa

Magge Marsh 11/28

Postby bcinerie@aol.com » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:45 pm

Anyone interested in going on friday morning 11/28 get ahold of me. I am going it alone if I have too. Maggee marsh should beholding some ducks!!! I would like someone to help out.

Thanks,
Brandon

bcinerie@aol.com
440 242 1050
Brandon
bcinerie@aol.com
hunter

Postby Ohio Wildfowler » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:17 pm

I heard today that they had stopped the hunting on Magee do to ice . You may want to call and make sure they are having the hunt Friday.
Tim

DU Committee (Miami County)

Take a kid hunting today and pass the tradition on to tomorrow.

There is always a need for speed with steel shot
Ohio Wildfowler
Forum & State Moderator

ICE!!!!

Postby bcinerie@aol.com » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:33 am

The waterfowl hunt scheduled for Magee Marsh Wildlife Area and Ottawa NWR on Friday November 28th and Saturday November 29th will “not” be canceled, but I can not guarantee access to the marsh if conditions do not improve. There is a 90% chance that we will not be able to transport the hunters to their blinds causing us to cancel that morning’s hunt. Currently there is 1” to 3” of ice in the channels and shooting holes. This ice is unsafe to walk on and to thick for our equipment to break open. Also, with these conditions there has been little bird activity in the marsh and there are no field open for hunting. If you have any question regarding the Magee Marsh control hunt please call 419.898.0960 ext 30 or contact Eddy Pausch at 419.898.0014 for Ottawa hunt information.

Sincerely,

Patrick Baranowski
Wildlife Area Supervisor
Magee Marsh Wildlife Area
13229 W. State Route 2
Oak Harbor, OH 43449
Brandon
bcinerie@aol.com
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting