great miami

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

great miami

Postby amsrc11 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:46 pm

did not make it out today :sad: will be headed down to the great miami river tomorrow evening!!! hopefully with lots of snow and frozen ponds we will be getting some birds!!!! how did everyone do today/weekend?
amsrc11
hunter

Postby jsa » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:27 pm

I hung out with the kids all day, but managed to acquire 3 geese.
jsa
State Moderator

Postby amsrc11 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:28 pm

saw a ton of geese today. all were flying high, and i do mean high! hopefully will be of work tuesday b/c of the bad weather and try my luck again!
amsrc11
hunter

Postby Ohio Wildfowler » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:02 pm

We ( 3 of use ) shot 11 mallards in a field Saturday evening :yes: . Only saw 2 geese all day :huh: . We went back to the same field Sunday and never pulled the trigger. Birds never even showed up. :mad:
Tim

DU Committee (Miami County)

Take a kid hunting today and pass the tradition on to tomorrow.

There is always a need for speed with steel shot
Ohio Wildfowler
Forum & State Moderator

Postby whack'em » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:14 pm

Ohio Wildfowler wrote:We ( 3 of use ) shot 11 mallards in a field Saturday evening :yes: . Only saw 2 geese all day :huh: . We went back to the same field Sunday and never pulled the trigger. Birds never even showed up. :mad:

Maybe because you guys are over hunting the field????? Let it rest for several days and then try it again. The spots I have exclusive permission for I rest a minimum of 5 days between hunts. It's hard to do that though when others have permission.
whack'em
hunter

Postby Ohio Wildfowler » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:43 am

The birds in my area hit different fields by the weather. They have ponds galore to choose from and even more fields not to mention the river. When we get south winds and gloomy days we always get the mallards in the same field. We are the only group with permision for this field but other hunters are in the area.
Tim

DU Committee (Miami County)

Take a kid hunting today and pass the tradition on to tomorrow.

There is always a need for speed with steel shot
Ohio Wildfowler
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting