Moving back to SW Ohio

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Moving back to SW Ohio

Postby dogsbestfriend2 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:04 am

Hey guys I am in the Navy and am moving back to southwest Ohio next year to do recruiting duty. I am a avid duckhunter and have decoys, 17ft john boat, layout blind and a great dog. I will be looking for some buddies to kill ducks with. If you are interested PM me. I also have access to a few farms for goose hunting in the fields.
2008/2009 Tally
Hunts 18
Ducks 86
Widgeon 34
Pintail 8
Gadwall 10
Mallards 13
Spoony 2
Ruddy 1
GW Teal 4
Bufflehead 9
BlueBills 4
Comon Golden Eye 3
Dogs Retrieves 120 ducks 1 goose
dogsbestfriend2
hunter

Postby Ohio Wildfowler » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:55 pm

Sounds like a good time. give me a yell when you get back and maybe we can set something up. I'm in the Dayton area and have 18' boat and lots of decoys and gear.
Tim

DU Committee (Miami County)

Take a kid hunting today and pass the tradition on to tomorrow.

There is always a need for speed with steel shot
Ohio Wildfowler
Forum & State Moderator

Postby burgess16 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:25 pm

hello all. i'm john i am 28, i have never hunted any wings b4 but i am really eager to try it out. i do hunt alot of deer, yotes mostly 4 legged creatures. only 2 legged creature i have ever hunted, well like most men i ended up married. i don't have any gear and only boat i have is a 30' baja. LOL doubt that 1 will work. but i am willing to learn and buy my own gear (blind, decoys, ect...) i do have a semi auto fully camo shotgun. mostly used for turkey but i'm sure it would work for now. if anyone is interested in a good partner who is willing to learn. i also have access to a private boat ramp on the ohio river with about 500+ yards of water front propety. :help: please
burgess16
Newb

Postby Ohio Wildfowler » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:10 pm

:welcome: Aboard burgess16

It sounds like you might have the makings for some good hunting on the Ohio River if you are in the right area, I just don't know much about the river and have never hunted or been on it.
Tim

DU Committee (Miami County)

Take a kid hunting today and pass the tradition on to tomorrow.

There is always a need for speed with steel shot
Ohio Wildfowler
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting