State Waterfowl Drawings

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, cartervj, jsa

State Waterfowl Drawings

Postby Smokepole » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:02 pm

THe ODNR has the list from the Waterfowl and Deer hunts on their website. And, I have been shut-out completely.

I can not believe that even the guys I hunt with (6) were shut out. Now it looks like I have to go to either public land or hope to get drawn on site at either Mosquito or Killdeer Plains. This is not a good option for me.

Even my early goose area has been a blank. Showed up at 5:00 am to find a tractor blocking my way into the fields. That's okay cause I told the owner I'd pack-in. Well, I got back to set up and found the neighbors had taken the field. I asked to join and add my deoys to the set but I was told "NO". I've been hunting this farm for about 3 years, now it looks like I'm out. :pissed:

I think I'll cool it for a couple of days and then start over. This is not a good sign.

Sincerely
Smokepole
If you must smoke..... make it black powder
Smokepole
hunter

Postby Wags » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:43 pm

I won the Ottawa NWR adult hunt again this year. Last year lucked out and hunted both Ottawa NWR and Magee Marsh. Was disappointed did not win anything else.

Not good you were not allowed to join the group hunting in your approved spot. Some people get flakeie over hunting. If you have permission from the land owner and it's in writting, I'd have set up and told the group to pack sand. Theres plenty of geese for everyone.
Wags
hunter

other hunterw

Postby bluebilldays » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:13 pm

I had the same problem last season at one of my corn fields in Norwalk and when to the farmer and asked if anyone else had permision to hunt there and he said no. lets say I hunted there that day. Make sure those people had permission.
bluebilldays
hunter

divers!!

Postby bcinerie@aol.com » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:04 am

hey-

I am new to the area , cleveand

I have all the equipment including a great layout boat. Need some partners to use .

Email me if you are interested

bcinerie@aol.com
Brandon
bcinerie@aol.com
hunter

nice to meet you!

Postby bluebilldays » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:17 pm

First up, where are you from? I do a lot of layout hunting on Lake Erie and the bay area. We have two one man and one two man layouts. Email me and maybe set up a hunt!
bluebilldays
hunter

duckin!!!!

Postby bcinerie@aol.com » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:01 am

Hey bluebilldays-

HI i am from erie pa . I lived there for for aprox 15 years. I hunted presque islew bay for about 10 or so, I just started layout hunting last year. WHAT A BLAST those damn duck were committing suicide . we did vewry well. I do not know this area at all. The lay is a paul busick boat. I also have a 16ft mirror craft with a 18 4 stroke it is poerfecr for upto 3 guys. I have tons of decoys. I like those herter foam cans and bluebills!!!! Hope to get together and do some blasting

Later

Brandon Case
bcinerie@aol.com
Brandon
bcinerie@aol.com
hunter

Postby vanvo » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:42 am

i would be interested in doing a hunt up by the lake. never been hunting outside of wood county and i would love the opportuinty to hunt the lake. maybe we could set something up sometime.
vanvo
hunter

Postby bcinerie@aol.com » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:36 am

I am game email me so we can set somerhing up

Brandon
Brandon
bcinerie@aol.com
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting