Another Great Harrison Co. Hunt

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, cartervj, jsa

Another Great Harrison Co. Hunt

Postby R. Toker » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:43 pm

Three of us went out this morning and hunted a cut corn field. We put out only two doxen GHG shells decoys. The first couple hours were real slow until around 9:45am. The geese started to show up and we killed a limit of geese. They were still trying to land as we were picking up decoys and layout blinds. No bands but we killed a couple that were HUGE!! Great hunt!! Team Beretta strikes again!!
Lynch Mob Calls
Gander Valley Custom Calls
Beretta AL 391 Urika2 28"
Carlson's LM Choke
Kent Fasteel
Beretta SV10 Prevail III 32"
WATERFOWL AND SPORTING CLAYS!!!
R. Toker
hunter

Postby R. Toker » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:55 pm

My buddy and I went out this morning. We had no action and he had to be at work at 11am. We had the ATV in the field, decoys and blinds picked up and a flock of ten flew over toward a small pond across the highway. I got out the call and started calling to them. They were set to land in the pond when I called them off and they circled back toward us. I continued calling and we were able to kill two. We always say if you want the geese to come, just pick up decoys!! :biggrin:
Lynch Mob Calls
Carlson's LM Choke
Kent Fasteel
R. Toker
hunter

Postby A-Bomb » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:02 pm

Aint that the truth. Nice job both days.....Kill the heck out of em down there cause theyre long gone around my neck of the woods.
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Postby R. Toker » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:23 am

Thanks, we have been having lots of success all season. We have lots of resident geese to go along with the migrators that travel down from up north. The two we killed yesterday were smaller than our usual residents, those guys are GIANTS, literally!!
Lynch Mob Calls
Carlson's LM Choke
Kent Fasteel
R. Toker
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting