ARKANSAS HUNT

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

ARKANSAS HUNT

Postby FARMERDAVE » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:51 pm

My brother and I recently completed our annual pilgrimage to Arkansas and had a great hunt. Limited out 2 of the 3 days in both ducks and specs. Got lucky and shot a banded drake mallard the first morning. I reported the band when I got home and the next morning I had a "sorry message" stating that no band info was available at this time. Anybody else ever had this happen? Still lucky to get the jewelry, but would been nice to see where he had been.
FARMERDAVE
Newb

Postby jsa » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:18 am

Sounds like a great time :thumbsup: Did you use a guide or a DIY hunt?

Been doing any good locally?
jsa
State Moderator

ARKANSAS HUNT

Postby FARMERDAVE » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:11 pm

Used a guide. Matt Callahan from DuckBill Farms. Mostly flooded rice fields. We've been hunting with him on opening weekend for the past several years.

Not doing to good around here. Not seeing many ducks and most
of my good cornfield areas are plowed or have lime put down so
the geese are heading else where. You?
FARMERDAVE
Newb

Postby jsa » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:30 am

I've not seen much. So far I've got 4 mallards this year.

My biggest problem is finding time to get out. Finacee has been working every day I have off which leaves me home with the children.
jsa
State Moderator

Postby A-Bomb » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:36 pm

Congrats, sounds like you had a great hunt down there. Been thinking of doing a hunt down there or maybe even NODAK.

I killed a banded wood duck this year that had no info available. They sent me an email stating that the bander likely hadnt turned in the info yet. Well, i killed the bird on Oct. 11 and reported it on the 12th. Ive been patient like they asked. But since its been over 2 months i emailed them back tonight. Well see if the bander has turned in his band info yet...We got 2 other woodies that night as well...no dice on them either....Got em hunting in Michigan though...Seasons closed...miss it BIG TIME!!!
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Re: ARKANSAS HUNT

Postby andrew_kirby » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:40 am

whered you go in arkansas. me and my buddy are plannin a trip to stuggart for a diy once we get the boat and the pup trained he went last year with a friend of his and had a good time. just wondering where you went
andrew_kirby
State Moderator

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting