Sick of it.

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: cartervj, jsa

Sick of it.

Postby ohio mike » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:51 am

Got sick of looking at my free gas tank post so I figured I'd put something else at the top. Anybody fishing or mowing the yard? :hi:
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Remove Advertisements

DuckHuntingChat.com
Advertisement

Re: Sick of it.

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:59 pm

ohio mike wrote:Got sick of looking at my free gas tank post so I figured I'd put something else at the top. Anybody fishing or mowing the yard? :hi:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Mike, I am ready to float tube and counting on some bass action in April. I've prepped, double prepped, and triple prepped. Went wading in a pond and sat down in my waders Sunday, just to check for leaks. Got glass worm rattles back in Feb when I was up near that BPS near you. Renewed the belly boat registration today at ODNR. Sharpened the fillet knife about 30 minutes ago. I've flat run out of things to do but go! :beer:
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby ohio mike » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:21 pm

You gotta register a inner tube? That's friggin stupid. What's next,throwable devices, life jackets? :lame:
ohio mike
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:42 pm

ohio mike wrote:You gotta register a inner tube? That's friggin stupid. What's next,throwable devices, life jackets? :lame:

I know, can you believe it??? Not only that, you get issued a Hull Identification Tag that must be on the boat. Today, the little State Lady at ODNR asked what my OH numbers were and I said: "huh?"...there are not letters to put on a canvas cover on an inner tube. She said: "No but you have to know your OH numbers" and showed me they're on the vessel ID card. :lol3:

And said to make sure I have it on me. :hammer:

The boat is registered as a "Bucks Bags". :rolleyes:

HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby walnuts4x4 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:27 pm

Wow that's stupid.... Only boats with motors need reg up in the communist state of ny
walnuts4x4
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:46 pm

walnuts4x4 wrote:Wow that's stupid.... Only boats with motors need reg up in the communist state of ny

Amen. I think it came on with the influx of every other yuppie on earth buying a kayak.
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby ohio mike » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:48 pm

Always had to have numbers on canoes and rowboats in Ohio but a friggin innertube :censored: Never been in a kayak but my guess would be I could get in one but not get out unless I capsized it.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:15 am

Mowed the front yard last night and limed the hell out of the back yard to kill the wild onions and strawberries. took the leaf blower to the truck found 3 shotgun shells a large order of fries and enough dog hair to build a mastif. Waiting on the weather to make up its mind so I can go fish for something. Redoing the woodwork in the house. Its great :crying: .
Tengo demasiado caca
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:19 pm

ohio mike wrote:Always had to have numbers on canoes and rowboats in Ohio but a friggin innertube :censored: Never been in a kayak but my guess would be I could get in one but not get out unless I capsized it.

:lol3:
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:31 am

Anybody been fishin?
Tengo demasiado caca
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:16 am

You have to register a freakin innertube? DAYUM :no: :no:
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby HNTFSH » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:45 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Anybody been fishin?

I tubed a couple hours last Saturday..pretty slow, no fish and then the winds kicked up. Going today for a few hours and will report on the bite. Last weeks quarry is damned clear and better fished at night. You cannot bring in minnows nor can you trap minnows and of course, the best way to catch bass on this water is luck into top water minnow schools and cast into it with a rubber worm.

As fishing goes...those damned schools always seem to pop up out of casting range and by the time you move over to it, it pops back up where you just were. :lol3:
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby ohio mike » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:17 pm

When I was a kid I'd try to get close to divers with a rowboat with the same results. Row in circles for hours and never fire a shot. :no:
ohio mike
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:07 pm

ohio mike wrote:When I was a kid I'd try to get close to divers with a rowboat with the same results. Row in circles for hours and never fire a shot. :no:

:lol3: I hear ya. I've tried to make myself wait another 30 minutes deer hunting before I move since that's usually how long it takes for them to "pop up" where I "was".

Fished a couple hours this afternoon, yesterday was too cold and windy. It was warmer today but actually got 2x windy so that sucked, got a couple nibbles but that's it. I really don't like fishing quarry's in daylight but I just wanted to get out and it's not far for a couple hour trip. Always good recon on downed trees, rock piles, etc. Me and Spring bass fishing just don't get along as well as summer.

Ducks sure are active...seen quite a few tiny ducklings bobbing around. Only seen one group of goslings but I know many are close!
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:36 am

Haven't seen any goslings yet but I do see some nesting pairs on the way to work. I did see the one drake mallard in the retension pond yesterday he was alone so I take it shes on the nest.
Tengo demasiado caca
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby ohio mike » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:34 am

Goslings everywhere. Several different sizes. No baby ducks yet.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:38 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Haven't seen any goslings yet but I do see some nesting pairs on the way to work. I did see the one drake mallard in the retension pond yesterday he was alone so I take it shes on the nest.

I crack up every year when those drakes group up and loaf like they're planning a poker party while the biotches are doing the work.
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting