shawnee

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

shawnee

Postby amsrc11 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:56 pm

hey guys, i am looking to head out to shawnee this coming saturday. i have never been down there before but heard its a pretty good spot to go. i am just looking for any info that would be helpfull. i have a 15 foot flatbottom with a 10hp. any info that you all might have would be great!!!!
thanks
amsrc11
hunter

Postby jsa » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:57 pm

never been
jsa
State Moderator

Re: shawnee

Postby crohrer » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:08 pm

amsrc, last time i went was 1-2-09 there were 11 boat trailer there we seen some birds but all high flyer no ducks did get one goose there were hunter all around us with in 1/2 mile strech we didn't hear any close shot did hear some long away. My friends went on Sat only had 1 duck work them didn't get close enought to shoot. the ohio river was at 31.67 feet and dropping fast next Sat the forcast for the river will 27 feet all most pool there are a few died hard hunter down there that go every day and have a 14 foot boat i have a 20' boat i need the river to be 30' they can get out eather so you can get out when the ohio river is near pool you will not be able to get to the great miami river the channel has filled in over the years. If you do go and make it to the river take a good light there are a lot of trees and log all over were life jackets and go slow hope this helps and good luck
crohrer
hunter

Postby thenati » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:14 pm

the only thing i would to cohrer post is that if you do get in at shawnee and go down river watch out the river go into and out of ohio into indiana, so bring a map or buy both lis. the warden was down at shawnee last weekend. good luck and let us know how you do. :wink:
...may there be wind at your back and ducks in your face!
thenati
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting