How did your opening season go?

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

How did your opening season go?

Postby Wags » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:59 pm

Today is the ending day of the early seaon for teal and goose. Other than going out the first two opening days and doing well, I was wondering how the rest of you did.

Did you see a lot of activity, or what are your thoughts for the rest of the season. I did see quite of few mallards hovering our goose decoys and one guy said pintails flew over which I did not see.

I hope it's a another good year. Best.

Wags
Wags
hunter

Postby vanvo » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:04 pm

we did really good and i think that the rest of the season will be awesome. last year we killed off most of the local duck population and this year already i ve seen close to a hundred all over the place in differnt ponds. looking forward to the season opening backup. does anyone when that happens and when duck season opens?
vanvo
hunter

ducks

Postby bcinerie@aol.com » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:38 pm

I just moved to the area and did not get out. any info on where to start near elyria ohio would be greatly appreciated!!!!

If anyone wants to go out let me know I would like the company!!!!

I have all the epuipment , layout dekes 16ft boat etc. I just need a little help adjusting

Thanks
Brandon

bcinerie@aol.com
Brandon
bcinerie@aol.com
hunter

Postby Wags » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:00 pm

vanvo: go to: http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/wildlife/default.htm

This Ohio Department of Natural Resources website will answer "all" your questions concerning hunting in the great state of Ohio. Good hunting.

Wags
Wags
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting