Summer Projects?

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

Summer Projects?

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:16 pm

Hey All,

Just wondering what everyone was gonna do to keep themselves busy this summer...I will be trying my best to get a hold of a boat so I can broaden my hunting opportunities for next season. And re-purchasing all the gear I lost during the season by stupidly leaving my blind bag in the parking lot when I left for the day :oops: :fingerhead:

Then there is scouting to do, working with the dog (He did great this season, his first, but still in the very beginning stages) and of course there is always some piece of equipment that I think I just have to have. :smile:
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Re: Summer Projects?

Postby jsa » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:21 pm

I'll be working on my basement, gardening, and spending my wife's new salary on ducky gear!
jsa
State Moderator

Postby Ohio Wildfowler » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:19 pm

It will take me half the summer to refill all the empty hulls from the second half of our season so I can have ammo for the upcoming season. :rolleyes: :wink: I have work to do on the house,hulls that need reloaded.ducky gear that needs repaired.cleaned up or replaced.xlay birds that need shot and fish to catch in that time frame somewhere. :biggrin: And lets not forget to have a few of these :beer: around the campfire.
Tim

DU Committee (Miami County)

Take a kid hunting today and pass the tradition on to tomorrow.

There is always a need for speed with steel shot
Ohio Wildfowler
Forum & State Moderator

Postby River Dog » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:21 am

I'm building a custom duck blind for my boat like the one Barnie Calef built on TAKEM 7.
River Dog
hunter

Postby averyevans » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:40 pm

will be burlappig and paint more decoys, building blind on new boat, and finally getting layout boat, just have to figure out were to hide it from my old lady,
averyevans
Newb

Postby andrew_kirby » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:43 am

I will be repainting my flambeau deeks, and mudding my new blind, practicing my calls, spending the last of my military bonus on more goose deeks and my boat. Other than that ill be running my beagles, and training the new lab and beagle pup.
andrew_kirby
State Moderator

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting