duck hunting in Ohio

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

duck hunting in Ohio

Postby buckeye22 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:38 pm

I am moving from tallahassee florida to Columbus Ohio to play baseball for Ohio State. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of terrain you would hunt in columbus for ducks and where to hunt that is close to or inside of columbus? i hear that you can ask the farmers to hunt on there land and they usually dont care? I would really appreciate the help!!!!
"Poisoness?"
buckeye22
hunter

Re: duck hunting in Ohio

Postby andrew_kirby » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:44 pm

ummmm its mostly small swamps or reservoirs and definetely asks farmers for permission but dont expect to get it....it takes a lot of trust for farmers to let people hunt on there land and its gettin harder every year..my brother plays football for ohio state...if you get up there let me know and id be willing to show you around there and someplaces to the east of columbus...
andrew_kirby
State Moderator

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:20 pm

Congrats on Ohio State!

A lot of people 'cyber scout' on questions like these so myself and many others won't post specifics on locations. I suggest you propose people PM you with ideas. Most have a lot of time and money invested in finding productive, out of the way places and aren't likely to share on the internet.

Feel free to PM and let me know what you have done on your own in terms of research (if you want).
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby andrew_kirby » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:59 pm

ya i agree a lot of good spots are already gonna be spoken for its hard to get good spots around here with urban expansion and such but being a ohio state fan and the fact that my lil bro goes there...when you get there this fall id be willing to take you out..and help you get some spots of your own
andrew_kirby
State Moderator

Postby buckeye22 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:24 am

thanks man im glad everybody is being nice about this haha i dont know what i would do if i couldn't duck hunt while i was there!!!
"Poisoness?"
buckeye22
hunter

Postby buckeye22 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:27 am

thanks man im glad everybody is being nice about this haha i dont know what i would do if i couldn't duck hunt while i was there!!!
"Poisoness?"
buckeye22
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting