Columbus/Olentangy River

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Columbus/Olentangy River

Postby buckeye22 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:03 pm

I just went to Ohio State for orientation and the Olentangy River runs right through campus. I was wondering if anyone know if it was just a city river or if it opens up anywhere and you can hunt it? There were tons of geese and ducks on it but they were prolly just local birds that live there......
"Poisoness?"
buckeye22
hunter

Re: Columbus/Olentangy River

Postby HNTFSH » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:16 am

buckeye22 wrote:I just went to Ohio State for orientation and the Olentangy River runs right through campus. I was wondering if anyone know if it was just a city river or if it opens up anywhere and you can hunt it? There were tons of geese and ducks on it but they were prolly just local birds that live there......

The Olentangy ultimatley dumps into the Scioto south of Columbus. You're right...those are all city, campus, local ducks. As I mentioned in my PM...you'll have to figure out way to get wheels when you get to Columbus and spend time scouting the areas I sent. Water levels change dramatically around here with all the flood control impoundments.

River hunting, once you clear City Limits can be tough A. without a dog and B. you can't trespass the river bottom as it is private property.
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting