eufaula's worst nightmare= RudynDrake

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

eufaula's worst nightmare= RudynDrake

Postby Rudy » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:02 pm

Hey guys! names rudy, dogs drake. thought i would introduce myself, get acqainted and see if i could contribute anything or weasal some info out of you fine fella's. I hunt Eufaula and Deep Fork like it is going out of style, got a lot of good holes and no i am not going to tell you exactly where they all are. I will trade though. :mrgreen: I hunt 50-60 days a year b/c i have a job that will allow me the time and a wife that has given up fighting me on it (for the most part). i fight fire for the city of tulsa and have 3 kids under 3 yrs old. Dog is a drahthaar about 6 mos. old and is ready for the season just a little rough around the edges and still a pup. i do alot of scouting and know where the ducks are and aren't in my area but outside of that i am still learning. so maybe i can learn from ya'll and i can help you too in the process, i hope that is what this forum is all about, it looks like it from what i have read.
Alright then, everybody who's anybody knows we got a shortage on rain and we need 5 -10 in. approx. to catch up. if you dont know, eufaula's about 5 1/2 ft. down and the flats are bone dry. birds still raft out in the center but good luck getting to them through thigh deep mud. we got a majority of gadwalls,shovelers, and teal among us right now and i could kill a woodduck about as easy as a mosquito, but very few mallards. Maybe this cold front will push a few down for opening day.
If anyone in western okla. wants to trade hunts i would be down for that and would like to make some new hunting buddies. I don't know if this little bit helped anyone but maybe it saved someone a trip from tulsa to eufaula just to look at the lake levels. hey guys pm me and lets talk about ducks!
Rudy
hunter

Postby cinrds » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:21 pm

:welcome: Info always welcomed and helped very much. Thank you.
cinrds
hunter

Postby dav42070 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:10 pm

Hey whats up, I'll be hunting alot around the western end of texoma. I have mon. an tues. off and have been looking for someone to hunt with, looks like it might be a drive for you though. If your interested shoot me a pm , I have a muddboat and lots of places to hunt. names Darren
dav42070
hunter

Eufaula

Postby ohsobad_hunter » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:04 pm

I go to school at OSU-Okmulgee and i was interested in hunting those units of flooded timber out by Eufula. I was bummed when i heard that they are not going to flood the timber this year. They have to keep it dry in certain rotations is what he said. He did tell me that there will be some water in the north unit though (which is all open area). I would appriciate it if you could tell me some decent spots to hunt over by Eufala or deep fork. Im not asking you to give me all your secret holes, but i would like to do some hunting around those areas while im here for the school week.
>>---Mat---->
ohsobad_hunter
hunter

Hiya Rudy

Postby ourtlc40 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:27 am

Rudy,
Sounds like you got it covered dude! Congrats on the wife and 3 kids.
I'm up north of Tulsa and hunted Eufaula's green tree area 5-6 times last year. Just learning myself but gotta get out and try.
Hoping I don't have to work this weekend as my boss is going to take me and my youngest (9) son out to one of his spots. I'm looking forward to hunting all I can this year.
Don't know a lot of spots but maybe we can hook up and try em sometime this year. Been thinking about seeing whats in the Okmulgee E/W areas.......give me a chance to get out of house since the price of diesel went down.

Deano
Newbie north of Tulsa!
OURTLC40
ourtlc40
hunter

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting