Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby Nerdwick » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:49 pm

Anybody kow of any places here in Oklahoma to get a gun dipped?

Thanks
Nerdwick
hunter
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Oklahoma


Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby DuckZapper160 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:33 am

Do it yourself, looks easy enough. Google my dip kit.
STRAP IT DOWN!!
User avatar
DuckZapper160
hunter
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:01 pm
Location: Inola

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby fishfurlife » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:28 am

There is a place in Ada as well as a place that was trying to get up and running inc the OKC area. The place in the city is an existing gun shop I believe.

If you are looking for a specific camo pattern, then you may be left with having to send the gun out of state. I had a gun dipped last year and ended up sending it out of state to get dipped because there were only a handful of people that had rights to that camo pattern in the US
User avatar
fishfurlife
hunter
 
Posts: 2063
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:08 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby berniebiz » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:16 am

I believe there is a place called Franson firearms. Im not sure if they do dips but I know he does refinishing.
berniebiz
hunter
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:30 pm
Location: Beale AFB, CA

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby okbucksnducks » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:25 pm

http://hydrocustoms.com/

They are located in Catoosa.
assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
User avatar
okbucksnducks
hunter
 
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Ochelata, OK

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby Nerdwick » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:54 pm

fishfurlife wrote:There is a place in Ada as well as a place that was trying to get up and running inc the OKC area. The place in the city is an existing gun shop I believe.

If you are looking for a specific camo pattern, then you may be left with having to send the gun out of state. I had a gun dipped last year and ended up sending it out of state to get dipped because there were only a handful of people that had rights to that camo pattern in the US



Yeah, I have been looking into camo soultions or tarjac. But would love to keep the money in state if I could plus I the wait would kill me :lol3:

Tarjac seems to be the only one with max4 that I can find. The shadow grass (original) at camo soultions looks pretty good as well.
Nerdwick
hunter
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby Nerdwick » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:55 pm

okbucksnducks wrote:http://hydrocustoms.com/

They are located in Catoosa.



Thank you sir, looking into this right now. You ever have anything done by them?

*edited for spelling
Nerdwick
hunter
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby okbucksnducks » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:07 pm

Nerdwick wrote:
okbucksnducks wrote:http://hydrocustoms.com/

They are located in Catoosa.



Thank you sir, looking into this right now. You ever have anything done by them?

*edited for spelling


You're welcome. No, I haven't yet. I have seen their stuff at multiple gun and outdoor shows, and it looks great to me.
assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
User avatar
okbucksnducks
hunter
 
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Ochelata, OK

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby fishfurlife » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:38 pm

I used color and camo to have mine done and was also looking for MAx 4. The choices are very slim for that camo pattern. I was very pleased with the work and had my gun back in my hands within 3 weeks of shipping it off. It cost me an extra 30 bucks in shipping charges but was worth it to be able to get the camo pattern that I wanted. I understand wanting to keep your money local as well.
User avatar
fishfurlife
hunter
 
Posts: 2063
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:08 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby Nerdwick » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:19 pm

fishfurlife wrote:I used color and camo to have mine done and was also looking for MAx 4. The choices are very slim for that camo pattern. I was very pleased with the work and had my gun back in my hands within 3 weeks of shipping it off. It cost me an extra 30 bucks in shipping charges but was worth it to be able to get the camo pattern that I wanted. I understand wanting to keep your money local as well.



fishfurlife, do you have any pics I could see of the max4 that they did?

I look at there stock pic of the max4 pattern and it looks nothing like other max4 prints I've seen.
Nerdwick
hunter
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby fishfurlife » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:03 am

Sure, Here ya go. It turned out great IMO. Took these pictures right after I got it back this summer

Image
Image
User avatar
fishfurlife
hunter
 
Posts: 2063
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:08 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby 10gaOkie » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:45 am

I too used Color and Camo to have Max4 put on my SBE. It was done three seasons ago and still looks like new. I sent them my gun direct along with $200 which covered return shipping. I shipped the gun dissasembled otherwise they will charge you an assembly fee. My next gun will go to them for a dip of Treestand.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter
 
Posts: 3039
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: OKC

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby fishfurlife » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:50 pm

Good point 10gaOkie

I took the action out of my gun along with the butt pad. All that was sent off was my barrel, stock/fore end and receiver. Oh and the magazine cap.
User avatar
fishfurlife
hunter
 
Posts: 2063
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:08 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby 10gaOkie » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:01 pm

I did not send the trigger group or choke tube either. I also removed the front sight. Only parts I shipped were barrel, bare stock/forearm, bare action and mag cap....everything else stayed home. They will tack on $25 extra if you dont do this. The bolt, trigger guard and choke tube can be dipped but they will charge $25 each, extra for them.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter
 
Posts: 3039
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: OKC

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby Nerdwick » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:13 am

fishfurlife,

That thing looks good brother, thanks for the pics.

As soon as season is over I will be sending mine off.
Nerdwick
hunter
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby shoveler_shooter » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:17 pm

okbucksnducks wrote:http://hydrocustoms.com/

They are located in Catoosa.

I just dropped off my 20ga SX3 today at hydro customs, getting it dipped in King's Field Shadow. It's sorta a cross between max-4 and duck blind.
From looking at their work online, should turn out well. Supposed to get it back in about 2 weeks.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
User avatar
shoveler_shooter
hunter
 
Posts: 3941
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: Stillwater and Owasso

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby UrbanDuckMan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:44 am

Might check with the companies that do Vehicle Screening as I think thay can also do what you are needing? Never used one myself and don't know for a fact!
UrbanDuckMan
UrbanDuckMan
hunter
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:41 am

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby shoveler_shooter » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:07 am

UrbanDuckMan wrote:Might check with the companies that do Vehicle Screening as I think thay can also do what you are needing? Never used one myself and don't know for a fact!

Mine is supposed to be the same as a factory coating, it's $240 for a full shotgun dip. I disassembled it, removed choke tube and recoil pad like fishfurlife did.
I've seen many examples of their work before and they do a professional job.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
User avatar
shoveler_shooter
hunter
 
Posts: 3941
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: Stillwater and Owasso

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby ryanoutloud » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:11 am

Nice, Hydro is my brothers shop. He'll take care of you. He is a stickler for perfection, almost to a fault. One of those things where, as the one doing the work, you notice the details nobody else ever would. I'll tell you, the process can be very frustrating and is nowhere near as easy as it looks. One little mess up and you have to strip it back down and start all over. That's lead to some long nights for him in the past but he's really getting it down these days.

He bought the business from a guy a little over a year ago that knew nothing about firearms, did shoddy work and really ran the name into the ground, but I think he is doing a fine job of restoring that name. He has even taken in old customers jobs that were messed up by the previous owner and redid them for free.

On another note, I ran into some issues with good ol GoDaddy and the site is not currently up. You can check out the FB page in the mean time, until I get time to get it restored. facebook.com/hydrocustomsok
ryanoutloud
hunter
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:18 am

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby shoveler_shooter » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:21 am

ryanoutloud wrote:Nice, Hydro is my brothers shop. He'll take care of you. He is a stickler for perfection, almost to a fault. One of those things where, as the one doing the work, you notice the details nobody else ever would. I'll tell you, the process can be very frustrating and is nowhere near as easy as it looks. One little mess up and you have to strip it back down and start all over. That's lead to some long nights for him in the past but he's really getting it down these days.

He bought the business from a guy a little over a year ago that knew nothing about firearms, did shoddy work and really ran the name into the ground, but I think he is doing a fine job of restoring that name. He has even taken in old customers jobs that were messed up by the previous owner and redid them for free.

On another note, I ran into some issues with good ol GoDaddy and the site is not currently up. You can check out the FB page in the mean time, until I get time to get it restored. facebook.com/hydrocustomsok

That's good to hear. I noticed your brother (or whoever the 2 guys were that were there) are younger, which caused me to be a little skeptical at first, but I remembered seeing all the examples of work on the facebook page and every piece of work looked perfect.
The quick turnaround time is also an appealing selling point, looking forward to seeing how it turns out in a couple weeks.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
User avatar
shoveler_shooter
hunter
 
Posts: 3941
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: Stillwater and Owasso

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby shoveler_shooter » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:20 pm

Found out that my gun is gonna take a bit longer than estimated, which is no problem. There were a couple minor bubbles/imperfections after it went through the first dip/attempt. Sorry to hear that your brother is selling the business....or maybe he was wanting to? I could be wrong but it seems like it's not his primary job. Hopefully whoever buys it from him will still do quality work.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
User avatar
shoveler_shooter
hunter
 
Posts: 3941
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: Stillwater and Owasso

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby 10gaOkie » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:34 am

I originally thought that camo dipping was an easy task. Getting a quality job done is not always so easy. It can turn into a nightmare as it did with one of my guns. Send your gun to someone that knows how to do guns and specializes in them. Not a vehicle wrapper. I had my SBE done by Color and Camo and they did a fine job. My other gun after being done over a second time is still a mess. It was done by dipper in Pennsylvania.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter
 
Posts: 3039
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: OKC

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby ryanoutloud » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:05 am

Yea, I'm bummed he is having to sell it too, he really doesn't want to. He wanted to hang on to it, but he is having to turn away business as the e-cig business has snowballed, which is good problem to have, but he just can't keep up with both without pulling his hair out. Especially since they recently acquired another location for the cigs.

Sorry to hear about the delays, as I said before, he is a bit of a perfectionist. Something you may not have an issue with is going to drive him nuts.

Hope I can get in there and get my gun done before he parts ways with it! :biggrin:
ryanoutloud
hunter
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:18 am

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby garmater » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:06 pm

http://www.redrivercustomcamohp.com/

These guys are located around Durant. They do good work.
Those areant just any ducks those are dirty ducks.
Dirty Duck Mafia
garmater
hunter
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:53 am

Re: Camo Dipping In Oklahoma?

Postby DucknGoodTime » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:48 am

garmater wrote:http://www.redrivercustomcamohp.com/

These guys are located around Durant. They do good work.

I know the owner, John Hammond. good guy and if he can't do what you need he'll tell you straight upfront. He's also doing DuraCoating and looking at Cerakote.

Blessings,
Rick
Blessings,
Rick
User avatar
DucknGoodTime
hunter
 
Posts: 1046
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:07 pm
Location: Mead, Oklahoma

Next

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests