new dakotas

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

new dakotas

Postby domsmith4 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:40 pm

i talked with a rep. from dakota decoys yesterday and he said that they are coming out with pintail floaters for next season. he didn't know the price point yet but i think i'll start saving now! if you need some pinnies this year you might want to wait, he said they will have fully flocked heads
domsmith4
hunter

Re: new dakotas

Postby CutEm214 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:10 pm

domsmith4 wrote:i talked with a rep. from dakota decoys yesterday and he said that they are coming out with pintail floaters for next season. he didn't know the price point yet but i think i'll start saving now! if you need some pinnies this year you might want to wait, he said they will have fully flocked heads

That sounds pretty sweet. The few pintails that I have left aren't in the best of shape and I've been needing to replace them. Thanks for the heads up, I'll wait em out. Love my Dakota mallard floaters and full bodies!
CutEm214
hunter

Postby garmater » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:25 pm

Oh yes they will be amazing like all there other decoys. I cant wait to see pics when the carver gets done.
Those areant just any ducks those are dirty ducks.
Dirty Duck Mafia
garmater
hunter

Postby domsmith4 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:42 pm

I know they have been rumored to come out the last few years, but he assured me 2013. I just bought my first doz greenhead floaters, AMAZING!! I only thought I was using good decoys up until last month. I can't see anyone topping them for a while
domsmith4
hunter

new dakotas

Postby MuddyTwelveGauge » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:54 pm

The mallard floaters are awesome!

www.marshmutt.com
www.marshmutt.com "Keeping the Steel Flying and the Dogs Retrieving"
A Duck Hunting Chat Sponsor
MuddyTwelveGauge
DHC Sponsor

Postby noodle » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:42 am

I have three dozen of the extreme mallard flocked heads. They are unbelievable looking, I keep them in slotted zip up bags, but man I think it'll be hard to put pintails in a sip up slotted bag. I net they'll look amazing though.
Gump, GET DOWN AND SHUT UP!!!!
noodle
hunter

Postby CutEm214 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:00 am

noodle wrote:I have three dozen of the extreme mallard flocked heads. They are unbelievable looking, I keep them in slotted zip up bags, but man I think it'll be hard to put pintails in a sip up slotted bag. I net they'll look amazing though.

I would wager that they won't have the sprigs on them...
CutEm214
hunter

Postby LongTom » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:32 am

I have a couple dozen Dakota goose floaters that leaked from the time they were brand new, I don't think I would want any more defective Chinese decoys.
LongTom
hunter

Postby garmater » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:08 pm

did you contact them about your problem. they are usually very good about fixing problems like that.
Dirty Duck Mafia
garmater
hunter

Postby UrbanDuckMan » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:11 pm

We got a dozen year before last and we LIKE THEM. While we use mostly Decoy LINES from time to time we will be in need of a few free floaters. We have mixed in a few Dakotas onto our Deke LInes ... these lines consist of decoys that have more sentimental value to each of us and that being the reason we choose to use them ... and not having much to do with species specificity or how fresh or color correct they are. Still all in all ... to add a few or a few dozen into your quiver is a good thing. They have survived two seasons with us and we are HARD ON DECOYS ... up till now G&H's have been about the only decoy available that have been able to take what we dish out. The flocked heads are a pain in the butt to keep look'n good ... and none of us is into do'n what is necessary to do that I can assure you. As a result our flocked headed Dakota's is look'n sort of like they have had a BAD HAIR DAY! They ain't cheap but they seem to be durable and are a good look'n decoy for sure and since we don't HUNT WITH NO UGLY DOGS we for sure ain't gonna hunt with no UGLY DECOYS!
UrbanDuckMan
UrbanDuckMan
hunter

Postby noodle » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:00 pm

CutEm214 wrote:
noodle wrote:I have three dozen of the extreme mallard flocked heads. They are unbelievable looking, I keep them in slotted zip up bags, but man I think it'll be hard to put pintails in a sip up slotted bag. I net they'll look amazing though.

I would wager that they won't have the sprigs on them...

Wish I would have made this bet.
Gump, GET DOWN AND SHUT UP!!!!
noodle
hunter

Postby Cajun1085 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:19 am

Here you go boys and they are flocked heads. Dakota's customer service is hard to beat. If you had defective decoys (rare), they will make it right. All you have to do is pick up the phone. I don't know of any other company as large as Dakota Decoys that the owner Bill Willroth whos cell phone is the customer service line.
Attachments
dp.jpg
dakp.jpg
dakp.jpg (17.32 KiB) Viewed 882 times
GATORTAIL 1646 25GTR

SouthEast Gator-tail
Cajun1085
hunter

Postby okduckdude » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:11 am

I have been in the market for a few years looking for the most realistic pintail I could find. I was going to pull the trigger on GHG last year, but heard DD was coming out with pintails. Looks like I'm going to have to wait a little longer........ Man do they look good!
Arise, Kill, and Eat. Acts 10:13

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philp. 4:13

I apologize to those I have yet to offend. Wait just a little longer and I will get around to you too!!
okduckdude
hunter

Postby Specklebelly » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:01 pm

Made in China.
I love my SP-10
Specklebelly
hunter

Postby LTMFH » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:56 pm

I have bought my Last decoy. I plan to Duck hunt 30 more years. If I lose 3 decoys per season of what I now own. Times 30 years I will still have 3 dozen left. My old G&H have been good ones.
LTMFH
hunter

Postby mojo1 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:31 pm

Specklebelly wrote:Made in China.

What decoy ain't made over there besides G&H???!!
"Wildgame it's what's for dinner"
“The best waterfowl conservation tool of all is a well trained retriever.”

"Say what you want about the South, but U never hear of anyone retiring and moving north!"
mojo1
hunter

Postby Specklebelly » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:18 pm

mojo1 wrote:
Specklebelly wrote:Made in China.

What decoy ain't made over there besides G&H???!!

Blue Collar, Quack, Real Geese, DSD, Big Water, Eberhart, Refuge and Plastiduk. I am sure there are more, but can't think of any at the moment.

I almost bought Dakotas this spring until they emailed me answering my question on where they are made. I am not an idiot and have stated many times that I know USA made products are getting harder to find. I would just suggest people at least consider American made if an option is available.
I love my SP-10
Specklebelly
hunter

Postby Cajun1085 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:32 pm

I would love to own some DSD decoys or blue colloar, but I can not afford them. I like G&H, but I think they look more like a life-less decoy with no character. Yes, Dakota is decoy made in China, but it is still an American company.
GATORTAIL 1646 25GTR

SouthEast Gator-tail
Cajun1085
hunter

Postby Specklebelly » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:59 pm

Cajun1085 wrote:I would love to own some DSD decoys or blue colloar, but I can not afford them.

If I had the $$$, I would have a whole trailer full of DSD honkers. From what I can tell and have heard the only thing better is using stuffed birds.

I do have some of their turkey decoys and they look unbelievable.
I love my SP-10
Specklebelly
hunter

Postby Cajun1085 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:07 pm

Specklebelly wrote:
Cajun1085 wrote:I would love to own some DSD decoys or blue colloar, but I can not afford them.

If I had the $$$, I would have a whole trailer full of DSD honkers. From what I can tell and have heard the only thing better is using stuffed birds.

I do have some of their turkey decoys and they look unbelievable.

Speck, I totally aggree. DSD are works of art. As soon as I have some consistant turkey grounds to hunt, I will pick up the turkey decoy or two. I really like the submissive hen on the ground.
GATORTAIL 1646 25GTR

SouthEast Gator-tail
Cajun1085
hunter

Postby Oklahoma Greenhead » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:00 am

specklebelly, so im guessing that you dont buy nike shoes or even own a cell phone.... dont get me wrong im all for being made in the good ol' US of A but a company like blue collar charging $769.00 a doz for goose FBs is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!
"QUACK 'em, WHACK 'em, STACK 'em"

Mashin' Mallards since 1991
Oklahoma Greenhead
hunter

Postby Specklebelly » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:24 am

Oklahoma Greenhead wrote:specklebelly, so im guessing that you dont buy nike shoes or even own a cell phone.... dont get me wrong im all for being made in the good ol' US of A but a company like blue collar charging $769.00 a doz for goose FBs is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!

Actually I buy New Balance shoes that are made in Maine I believe. My guns are Remington, Ithaca, NEF and Mossberg, all American made. My cell phone is Asia made but I don't have any option there. My truck was made in Kansas City and my three boats are all domestic too. Like I said buying American is not always an option. I just make a special effort to support American jobs if I can. I don't see that as a negative.
I love my SP-10
Specklebelly
hunter

Postby Duck Whisperer » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:07 pm

Specklebelly wrote:
Oklahoma Greenhead wrote:specklebelly, so im guessing that you dont buy nike shoes or even own a cell phone.... dont get me wrong im all for being made in the good ol' US of A but a company like blue collar charging $769.00 a doz for goose FBs is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!

Actually I buy New Balance shoes that are made in Maine I believe. My guns are Remington, Ithaca, NEF and Mossberg, all American made. My cell phone is Asia made but I don't have any option there. My truck was made in Kansas City and my three boats are all domestic too. Like I said buying American is not always an option. I just make a special effort to support American jobs if I can. I don't see that as a negative.

Yeah......but I heard you have a mail order bride.

:lol3: Just yankin' your chain Speck. Couldn't resist.
Pro Staff to nothin'
Sponsored by nobody
I just do it.......Duckin' Crazy!

They say there is "a fine line between genious and insanity". That's the line I live on.
DW
Duck Whisperer
hunter

Postby Specklebelly » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:06 pm

I got her from the Ukraine and they won't take returns. :hammer:
I love my SP-10
Specklebelly
hunter

Postby garmater » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:39 pm

Specklebelly wrote:

You could save a lot of money by running in no american made shoes. Check out newtons they average 900-1200 miles per pair. I know your not getting that many miles out of a pair of new balance. Newtons are designed in the Colorado.
Dirty Duck Mafia
garmater
hunter

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting