Oklahoma rambler?

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby coach_1 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:14 am

Lost,
I've got the goose curse also. Just no luck with them.
coach_1
hunter
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:06 am
Location: Duncan, Ok


Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby sooner737 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:11 am

Ill glady trade a goose hunt for a mallard hunt! Id be embarrassed to say how many ive killed...hell its sad i can even count how many! Also the elusive woody. Havent even seen one hunting. I thought one flew in once but it was still dark and it flew away bout a minute after landing.
sooner737
hunter
 
Posts: 800
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:27 pm
Location: duncan, ok

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby Specklebelly » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Bass,Bucks,andplentyofDucks wrote:so speck, lost how did it go?

Mine went outstanding. I posted it in a new thread as I thought we should start a new one just for updates.
I love my SP-10
User avatar
Specklebelly
hunter
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Bolarus IX

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby lost » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:33 pm

sooner737 wrote:Ill glady trade a goose hunt for a mallard hunt! Id be embarrassed to say how many ive killed...hell its sad i can even count how many! Also the elusive woody. Havent even seen one hunting. I thought one flew in once but it was still dark and it flew away bout a minute after landing.


Let me know the day and time, and I will be there with extra shells and breakfast ready to work. I have lost most of the wood ducks that I've killed to swift water creeks or to dogs just being unable to catch up to them. Lost one on opening day last weekend. Flew right into the spread, shot him, and he simply got away. Never to be seen again. I have brought three home in ten years. Several guys I've hunted with have to swat them off after they take their three, but me, they just taunt me.
lost
hunter
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:42 am
Location: OK

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby sooner737 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:59 pm

lost wrote:
sooner737 wrote:Ill glady trade a goose hunt for a mallard hunt! Id be embarrassed to say how many ive killed...hell its sad i can even count how many! Also the elusive woody. Havent even seen one hunting. I thought one flew in once but it was still dark and it flew away bout a minute after landing.


Let me know the day and time, and I will be there with extra shells and breakfast ready to work. I have lost most of the wood ducks that I've killed to swift water creeks or to dogs just being unable to catch up to them. Lost one on opening day last weekend. Flew right into the spread, shot him, and he simply got away. Never to be seen again. I have brought three home in ten years. Several guys I've hunted with have to swat them off after they take their three, but me, they just taunt me.

You had me at breakfast
sooner737
hunter
 
Posts: 800
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:27 pm
Location: duncan, ok

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby Specklebelly » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:46 pm

Reposted my results so it is in one thread:

I have the first leg and used it this am with a decent morning. This is atypical of me as I never post results or photos and in the spirit of the rambler, I will this time. Also, I am by far not a professional photographer. So understand that when you see my horrible photos.

Details:
Date: 11-3-12
Time started: 7:24 am
Hunters in party: 3
County of hunt: Garvin
Harvest count: 18
Species: Widgeon, Gadwall, Redhead, Blue Wing Teal, Mallard and Ring Neck

Photo of decoy in use:
IMG_0674.JPG


My six:
IMG_0688.JPG
I love my SP-10
User avatar
Specklebelly
hunter
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Bolarus IX

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby Specklebelly » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Nov.17okduckslayer
Nov.24 Nerdwick


Hey guys, any updates?
I love my SP-10
User avatar
Specklebelly
hunter
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Bolarus IX

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby okbucksnducks » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Specklebelly wrote:
Nov.17okduckslayer
Nov.24 Nerdwick


Hey guys, any updates?


Been wondering the same thing
assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
User avatar
okbucksnducks
hunter
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Ochelata, OK

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby okduckslayer » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:49 pm

I was finally able to get out Thanksgiving morning for a hunt. Managed to get 8. I overnighted the decoy to nerdwick today and it is guaranteed to be there tomorrow by noon.
okduckslayer
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: McAlester,Ok

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby Nerdwick » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:48 am

Had to hunt this AM, without the rambler. I work On Sundays so I cant do the 25th. Anybody here in town want to take it on a hunt with them in the AM?

Just let me know so we can get the next guy some time to have a chance with it
Nerdwick
hunter
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby sooner737 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:18 am

Nerdwick wrote:Had to hunt this AM, without the rambler. I work On Sundays so I cant do the 25th. Anybody here in town want to take it on a hunt with them in the AM?

Just let me know so we can get the next guy some time to have a chance with it

Where is here in town?
sooner737
hunter
 
Posts: 800
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:27 pm
Location: duncan, ok

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby Nerdwick » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:01 pm

My bad, Moore/Norman.
Nerdwick
hunter
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby Nerdwick » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:49 pm

Bassbucksplentyofducks, I sent you a PM on Saturday. Please send me your address so I can get this in the mail to you :thumbsup:
Nerdwick
hunter
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby okduckslayer » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:28 pm

20121122_083722.jpg
Here is the rambler out in the spread.
20121122_083722.jpg (100.02 KiB) Viewed 945 times
20121122_091603-1.jpg
The new Beretta is awesome!
20121122_091603-1.jpg (159.65 KiB) Viewed 945 times
20121126_184602.jpg
Hear they are a few days later in a much tastier form.
20121126_184602.jpg (78.11 KiB) Viewed 945 times
okduckslayer
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: McAlester,Ok

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby sooner737 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:38 pm

O man teal duck-kaBobs.....there are few finer things in this world. Good job sir
sooner737
hunter
 
Posts: 800
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:27 pm
Location: duncan, ok

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby Duck-slayers » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:32 pm

When would be a good day for us to take out the ol rambler
Work hard,Play hard,Nap hard. That's what I always say Jack
Duck-slayers
hunter
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:28 pm
Location: Sand Springs

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby Nerdwick » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:25 pm

I have it at the moment, bassbucks and sooner737 are picking it up shortly.

Do you have a date set already?
Nerdwick
hunter
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby okbucksnducks » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Dec.8 Bassbucksplentyof ducks&sooner737

How did it go?
assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
User avatar
okbucksnducks
hunter
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Ochelata, OK

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby sooner737 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:24 pm

okbucksnducks wrote:Dec.8 Bassbucksplentyof ducks&sooner737

How did it go?

It went well....with or WITHOUT the ramblers humble presence.
sooner737
hunter
 
Posts: 800
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:27 pm
Location: duncan, ok

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby okbucksnducks » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:46 pm

What happened there?
assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
User avatar
okbucksnducks
hunter
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Ochelata, OK

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby CutEm214 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:46 pm

sooner737 wrote:
okbucksnducks wrote:Dec.8 Bassbucksplentyof ducks&sooner737

How did it go?

It went well....with or WITHOUT the ramblers humble presence.


Pics or it didn't happen... :grooving:
User avatar
CutEm214
hunter
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:04 am

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby sooner737 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:47 pm

The hunt happened....the rambler was fumbled
sooner737
hunter
 
Posts: 800
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:27 pm
Location: duncan, ok

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby CutEm214 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:53 pm

sooner737 wrote:The hunt happened....the rambler was fumbled


Still have it? Saturday might be a shot at redemption. :beer:
User avatar
CutEm214
hunter
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:04 am

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby okbucksnducks » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:05 pm

sooner737 wrote:The hunt happened....the rambler was fumbled


Never received it or forgot it?
assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
User avatar
okbucksnducks
hunter
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Ochelata, OK

Re: Oklahoma rambler?

Postby sooner737 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:15 pm

okbucksnducks wrote:
sooner737 wrote:The hunt happened....the rambler was fumbled


Never received it or forgot it?

Shot a pm Wednesday night saying i could pick it up Thursday...got a response Thursday at 11 pm....nerdwick (i assume) is still in possession of the rambler
sooner737
hunter
 
Posts: 800
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:27 pm
Location: duncan, ok

PreviousNext

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests