Decoying birds

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Re: Decoying birds

Postby okduckdude » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:59 pm

divebombin wrote:Listen jack I killed mucho grande ducks over less than 20 decoys all year, this year, during a drought, on every body of water in east central Oklahoma with the same tiny spread and laughed as I passed the "guy" with the huge spread still hunting when I was headed to the ramp with limits. Spend more time hunting less time on forum.

Are you Si??

Cause I'm pretty sure he has that saying trademarked......
Arise, Kill, and Eat. Acts 10:13

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philp. 4:13

I apologize to those I have yet to offend. Wait just a little longer and I will get around to you too!!
okduckdude
hunter

Postby sooner737 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:09 pm

Hes half si and half Spanish apparently
sooner737
hunter

Postby UrbanDuckMan » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:26 pm

The thing divebomber said about the EAT'N SPOTS is RIGHT ON! We was lucky enough to have 3 of these and we shot the BEST ONE of those ALMOST DAILY at times ... and could'nt RUN'EM OFF! We used most times 4 to 6 dekes and they were most effective during the first 15 minutes in the Early Morning Light. They were still " helpful " if we had to stay much longer than that ... but ... as it got lighter the ducks got to see'n them better and got a bit choosy and moved on up to the far end of the spot!

We also had some decent " laze'n spots " and on those we did go with sets of maybe a dozen and a half. But... we used STRING LINES ... and those are more effective than simply STOOL'N UP THE PLACE! Or at least WE THINK THAT'S WHAT WE'RE SEE'N! I will add that during these drougths the ducks will FLARE AWAY from large " traditional looking sets "! They will either UNASS COMPLETELY or move on down the way on the larger pieces of water and sit down well away from you.

It all come down to what YOU SEE WORKING FOR YOU and ON YOUR SPOTS! This is especiall true as when the seasons and migrations change so much year to year. Not that long ago we could more or less bank on a specific pattern for many more seasons in a row!

I do like this not have'n to wade out and set out large numbers of decoys and I think I'm spoiled on it! Been do'n it for years and it is still working well regardless of where we hunt or the prevailing weather trend. It is not for EVERYONE as we all get into do'n what we BELIEVE IN for whatever reason that may be. Instead of arguing about it ... TRY IT and from direct observation you can come to your own conclusion. Just don't get STUCK in to ONE THING and never EXPERIMENT!
UrbanDuckMan
UrbanDuckMan
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:06 pm

UrbanDuckMan wrote:It all come down to what YOU SEE WORKING FOR YOU and ON YOUR SPOTS! This is especiall true as when the seasons and migrations change so much year to year. Not that long ago we could more or less bank on a specific pattern for many more seasons in a row!

:thumbsup:
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:16 pm

sooner737 wrote:Hes half si and half Spanish apparently

I actually had to look that up to see what you were talking about because I don't watch that show, since I'm not a real duck hunter.

I guess I need to stop giving advice altogether on here since my underwear is less than 12 years old. Which brings up a question.

Divebombin, how old does one's underwear need to be for them to be considered a true duck hunter, and have the right to give advice to others? 12 years, as you pointed out, is obviously inadequate, but we need a specific number so we all know who can give advice and who can't.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby sooner737 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:41 pm

shoveler_shooter wrote:

I actually had to look that up to see what you were talking about because I don't watch that show, since I'm not a real duck hunter.

I guess I need to stop giving advice altogether on here since my underwear is less than 12 years old. Which brings up a question.

Divebombin, how old does one's underwear need to be for them to be considered a true duck hunter, and have the right to give advice to others? 12 years, as you pointed out, is obviously inadequate, but we need a specific number so we all know who can give advice and who can't.

Do they have to be s specific brand? Hanes? BVD? Fruit of the loom? DUCK COMMANDER?
sooner737
hunter

Postby okbucksnducks » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:18 pm

sooner737 wrote:
shoveler_shooter wrote:

Do they have to be s specific brand? Hanes? BVD? Fruit of the loom? DUCK COMMANDER?

What if you go commando? What about then?
assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
okbucksnducks
hunter

Postby sooner737 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:32 pm

okbucksnducks wrote:
sooner737 wrote:
shoveler_shooter wrote:

Then you sit beside me in the blind! :drool: :love:
sooner737
hunter

Postby okbucksnducks » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:37 pm

sooner737 wrote:
okbucksnducks wrote:
sooner737 wrote:
shoveler_shooter wrote:

Then you sit beside me in the blind! :drool: :love:

Uh oh...
assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
okbucksnducks
hunter

Previous

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting