Dude.........where's my Dude?

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Dude.........where's my Dude?

Postby Duck Whisperer » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:51 pm

Heard through the grapevine he got banned again...this time permanent.....though maybe he can get back in :no: :no: :no:

Supposedly for some thread on the main forum, of which I pretty much never visit.
Pro Staff to nothin'
Sponsored by nobody
I just do it.......Duckin' Crazy!

They say there is "a fine line between genious and insanity". That's the line I live on.
DW
Duck Whisperer
hunter

Re: Dude.........where's my Dude?

Postby okbucksnducks » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:15 pm

Last I saw it was just a suspension. In that thread, he and 2 others were doing the same thing, but he was the only one that got a timeout. It should have been an all or nothing thing. At least one of the people involved said the same thing.
assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
okbucksnducks
hunter

Postby JDog » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:25 pm

okbucksnducks wrote:Last I saw it was just a suspension. In that thread, he and 2 others were doing the same thing, but he was the only one that got a timeout. It should have been an all or nothing thing. At least one of the people involved said the same thing.

I think it was more of a last straw kind of thing with him. He's been suspended and warned so many times yet he can't help himself.
JDog
hunter

Postby OKChessieMan » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:33 pm

It's kinda weird that you call him "your dude", and he says you're his "bottom bitch".

Hoping it wasn't a last straw kind of deal, because there wasn't any substance there to be the last straw. And hopefully he's learned his lesson this time.
DO NOT BUY FROM DUCKY'S BOATS!!
OKChessieMan
hunter

Postby DuckZapper160 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:04 pm

What'd he do? Anyone know?
STRAP IT DOWN!!
DuckZapper160
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:13 pm

okbucksnducks wrote:Last I saw it was just a suspension. In that thread, he and 2 others were doing the same thing, but he was the only one that got a timeout. It should have been an all or nothing thing. At least one of the people involved said the same thing.

This is true, and there is a lot of favoritism that goes on in the main forum...therefore when 2 or more people commit the same offense, the "non-elite" member gets screwed over. So it's best just to avoid getting into that stuff over there, especially if you have a non-favorable reputation to begin with.
That said, it could be a straw thing and the other 2 had more straws left. But the other 2 didn't get reprimanded/straws taken away and they still should have...hence the all or nothing thing like someone else said.
UmatillaJeff wrote:This load would drop ducks and geese like thors hammer in my hands, I would bet the equity in my house on it.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby DuckZapper160 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:29 pm

Nevermind.. I think I just found out. Yea looks like the other two that were posting were just as bad.
STRAP IT DOWN!!
DuckZapper160
hunter

Postby Rtyler4616 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:49 pm

Does this mean that his big hunt is off?
"Call em in or Blow em Out"
-Jimbo
Rtyler4616
hunter

Postby fishfurlife » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:20 pm

Okay. Here is the cliffs notes.

TDWDH has had issues during his time here on DHC. He has had a knack for conflict and has had a time out or two during his time here. He was warned after a recent issue that he was down to his last straw and that he needed to walk softly.

As can be seen in the thread, things got a touch heated and quick judgement was made. It ended up in a permaban for The Dude. I agree that it should have been an all or nothing judgement. Meaning, The dude was not the only one breaking the rules if it was decided that he was breaking the rules.

I can tell you that this whole issue is not yet resolved and there is an ongoing conversation trying to hash out what will be done. Let it be known here that I do not and never have supported selective punishment or favoring certain members. I hope it has been seen in this forum. I try my best to help guys out when I can and to enfource the rules fairly to all that visit.

With all of that said, I asked Chris via PM to be removed as a mod this past weekend. I still have not gotten a reply from him and will act as mod until I hear back from him. There are things going on that I do not necessarily agree with. One of those being selective and very unpredictable punishment.

I have enjoyed being a mod here and really enjoy the Okie forum. I think you guys are a pretty fair bunch. As long as this place doesn't morph in to a mini Honey Hole then I plan to stick around as an average joe member.
fishfurlife
hunter

Postby sooner737 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:29 am

The worst thing he said was "you haven't been around long enough to call me little buddy"
sooner737
hunter

Postby OKChessieMan » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:14 am

Rtyler4616 wrote:Does this mean that his big hunt is off?

If it is, then the "That Guy" hunt won't be as fun...

I'll act as a go-between for the idiot little brother, only I will be his own personal moderator for anything he tells me.
DO NOT BUY FROM DUCKY'S BOATS!!
OKChessieMan
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:57 am

I sent a PM to both Chris and David about the selective punishment that goes on. A couple sentences about TDWDH and a paragraph about the core of the problem.
An "elite" clique/clan in a forum like this is unavoidable but when it gets to the point where the rules are enforced in a skewed manner in which everyone can blatantly see, that's not good.
Maybe my PMs combined with others will get the message across. If something actually does change (which I think is unlikely) the group of gay frat boys that run the main forum will throw a fit similar to a 4 year old getting their toys taken away.

Fishfurlife you are/were one of the better moderators on this site for sure and I think you did your job the way it's supposed to be done. Integrity-wise there is no doubt it will be a loss for the rest of your colleagues.
UmatillaJeff wrote:This load would drop ducks and geese like thors hammer in my hands, I would bet the equity in my house on it.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby Jerkstring » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:51 pm

I stay in hot water all the time on Greybeards so I'm gonna just cruise on here.
Jerkstring
hunter

Postby Specklebelly » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:01 pm

Jerkstring wrote:I stay in hot water all the time on Greybeards so I'm gonna just cruise on here.

Don't mess with the Greybeard. They like to keep things "in order" over there. Great site though.
I love my SP-10
Specklebelly
hunter

Postby Jerkstring » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:14 pm

Specklebelly wrote:
Jerkstring wrote:I stay in hot water all the time on Greybeards so I'm gonna just cruise on here.

Don't mess with the Greybeard. They like to keep things "in order" over there. Great site though.

Lots of activity but the Oklahoma section is pretty dead.
Jerkstring
hunter

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:06 pm

I do everything in my power not to be judgmental. Hell if it was up to me NOBODY would get the boot....EVER. But I have to rely on people to help me run this beast of a site and unfortunately there's ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY no way to make everyone happy.

I've tried...all you end up doing is losing mods.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby okbucksnducks » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:13 pm

Chris Hustad wrote:I do everything in my power not to be judgmental. Hell if it was up to me NOBODY would get the boot....EVER. But I have to rely on people to help me run this beast of a site and unfortunately there's ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY no way to make everyone happy.

I've tried...all you end up doing is losing mods.

Appreciate that at least you came over and said something
assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
okbucksnducks
hunter

Postby fishfurlife » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:55 am

Jerkstring wrote:
Specklebelly wrote:

Lots of activity but the Oklahoma section is pretty dead.

You refering to this Okie forum or the Okie forum there? I feel like this Okie forum gets a decent amount of activity.

*** First Post in 4 years without the mod title***
fishfurlife
hunter

Postby sooner737 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:39 am

When will the new "mod" make his/her official appearance
sooner737
hunter

Postby okbucksnducks » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:47 am

sooner737 wrote:When will the new "mod" make his/her official appearance

Good question. The other two haven't been on in a really long time.
okbucksnducks
hunter

Postby sooner737 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:10 am

okbucksnducks wrote:

Maybe we should vote on it
sooner737
hunter

Postby Specklebelly » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:19 am

sooner737 wrote:
okbucksnducks wrote:

I vote for fishfurlife. :hammer:
I love my SP-10
Specklebelly
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:09 am

Specklebelly wrote:
sooner737 wrote:
okbucksnducks wrote:

I vote for fishfurlife. :hammer:

I've actually been considering it but if FFL couldn't deal with the BS that goes on in the moderator forum, I doubt I could either.
Like Chris said, it's about making people happy. Not doing the right thing.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby Rtyler4616 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:16 pm

I can't believe you guys have made such a big deal about this kid getting suspended. He did the exact samething on the Oklahoma forum previously and was suspended for it too. That was clearly a warning. This was all after another issue that was bigger than bickering back and forth.

Just like every other young kid, he knows it all, and if any joke was ever made about his age and or living at home(which all kids do), he would get overly puffed up and drag out nonsense.

I read the thread that got him the boot. Did he say anything even close to something that should get him booted? No. But he probably had a good idea he was on thin ice before he ever posted.

Any thread Starting on the Honey hole turns into garbage and I don't know why anyone would get banned for "personal attacks" on those threads about absolutely nothing except trash talking, but regardless of what's fair, the kid had plenty of warning that he shouldn't even go near the line that was not to be crossed but did anyway.

If this is the sole reason FFL is no longer the moderator, then this has been blown out of proportion

None of this is really a big deal.

Im sure he is a fine kid in person but He was a mouthy kid on the Internet and got banned from a duck chat. I'm sure his life will go on with out much a hitch.
"Call em in or Blow em Out"
-Jimbo
Rtyler4616
hunter

Postby fishfurlife » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:22 pm

To answer your question Rtyler. I asked to be removed as a mod almost a week before all of this transpired with The Dude.

To be clear on my stance of what happened with The Dude. He was fully aware that he was walking on egg shells. What happened in the thread being discusses was not horrible. I really don't lean one way or the other as to what should have been done. However, I do feel strongly that by banning The Dude, there should have been a time out or two given with it as he was not the only one acting up in that thread. I personally don't feel like there was enough to go one way or the other in that thread.

It was made very clear to him both online and in person that he needed to walks straight line. He is young. His temper does get the better of him at times, but I don't many guys that weren't the same way. Yes the regulars didnt take to him to well in the HH. Yes he tried to fit in to hard. I told him that he needed to quit trying so hard to be accepted and just to be himself.
fishfurlife
hunter

Next

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting