Benefit auction for young Okie needing 2nd Heart Transplant

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Benefit auction for young Okie needing 2nd Heart Transplant

Postby joemf1985 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:10 pm

Hello all,

I just wanted to raise attention to a benefit auction that is being held in Lawton on February 14, yes valentines day at 6 pm. The auction is to benefit a young man named Jhett Skaggs who is in need of a 2nd heart transplant due to coronary artery disease attacking his current heart. I will attach a link to the page about the auction, but just a bit of background on the use for the funds, Jhett and his dad are currently living in Houston, Tx so that they are within 1 hour of the transplant center when they recieve the call that a heart is available. The family is incurring not only the huge expenses that typically go along with medical care of something like this, but also having to have two residences because Jhett's mother and sister are living in Oklahoma so that his sister can attend her school and so that his mother can continue her job as a school teacher.

http://www.thejhettskaggsfoundation.org/

There will be an internet link to bid on packages that are offered at auction at the link that is below if you are interested in any of the auction items, but are unable to attend. This benefit auction is a joint effort of many people and the Oklahoma Cattleman's Association is also providing some help with the auction to help make it a success and help the family to raise funds. There will be all sorts of packages in the auction so you will have to look through the list, but I know there will be several different types of guided hunts in the auction.

My family and myself are not guides or outfitters but we are offering a 2 day guided waterfowl hunt, with room and food included in Oklahoma on private land for 3 hunters in the benefit auction. I wont gurantee that we will shoot limits both days, but I can tell you and others can vouch from personal experience that we will see plenty of birds and have a great time.

If you have any interest in the auction please visit the links i have attached and look over the items up for auction.

http://www.liveauctions.tv/StreamPublis ... ionID=3113

Thanks,

Joe
joemf1985
hunter

Re: Benefit auction for young Okie needing 2nd Heart Transpl

Postby Erie » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:24 am

If you don't limit I'll be surprised.
WWA member
NRA lifetime member
DU member
Erie
hunter

Postby joemf1985 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:01 pm

One goose hunt last year.
joemf1985
hunter

Postby joemf1985 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:07 pm

Another mixed bag hunt from a few years back.
joemf1985
hunter

Postby joemf1985 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Another nice morning hunt this year.
joemf1985
hunter

Postby joemf1985 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:08 pm

http://www.americancattleservices.com/p ... og_WEB.pdf

Here is the updated auction linup, several hunts on here aside from the one we are offering. The auction is tonight in Lawton, if unable to attend in person you can tune in and bid on line.
joemf1985
hunter

Postby joemf1985 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:12 pm

One more enticer. Just remember its for a good cause, and I promise we will have a good time chasing birds for a couple days.
joemf1985
hunter

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting