Cajun Heading North to OK For Atleast 2 yrs

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Cajun Heading North to OK For Atleast 2 yrs

Postby rosey30041 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:23 pm

Hey y'all, let me start out by saying that y'all have been in my prayers over the last month. May God bless Oklahoma and those who fight with those storms every year. If you remember me from last duck season I had posted a thread about me and some buddies heading to OK for a few days worth of duck huntin. Well now its a different story. My fiance/wife as of next month, just got accepted into Oklahoma State's Speech Pathology Grad School and we should be heading up there after the wedding in late July if it all works out. I am kind of in a pickle, where I have a really good job and make a great salary for a recent college grad, but I refuse to start a marriage off 10 hrs apart from each other for 2 years. I am currently a Marine Construction Surveyor for a company called C & C Technologies where I work on many types of vessels in the olfield. I am a graduate of the University of Louisiana where I played football for the Cajuns for 5 years, won 2 bowls, and got a degree. My degree is in General Studies with a focus in the Applied Sciences and mainly what it boils down to is that I was smart enough to be an engineer, but football and my schedule conflicted with me graduating in Civil Engineering. So I have a minor in mathematics, many basic engineering classes, along with some GIS and Geology under my belt. If anyone here knows of anyone who is hiring people with a background like mine, or can point me in the right direction into a career in or around Stillwater it would be greatly appreciated. Thank y'all so much and may God Bless.

Matt

P.S. you can also reach me at rosenbalm.matt@gmail.com
rosey30041
Newb

Re: Cajun Heading North to OK For Atleast 2 yrs

Postby mojo1 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:55 pm

I spent a total of 8 years of my 15 year marriage seperated from my wife due to my military service. Let me tell you, you are making a great decision to stay together like you have.

As I live in the south central part of the state; I don't know About any jobs up there, but it might be worth your while checking the OK workforce website, never know you might find a listing right up your alley.
"Wildgame it's what's for dinner"
“The best waterfowl conservation tool of all is a well trained retriever.”

"Say what you want about the South, but U never hear of anyone retiring and moving north!"
mojo1
hunter

Postby rosey30041 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:37 pm

Thanks for the reply mojo. Do you possibly have a link to that website? Hopefully Ill have an awesome 2 years of duck hunting while I'm up there too! :beer:
rosey30041
Newb

Postby okduckdude » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:31 pm

Maybe look at something in the oil industry or for a major construction company. I cant point you in the right direction as far as a company goes, however those two industries do well here.
Arise, Kill, and Eat. Acts 10:13

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philp. 4:13

I apologize to those I have yet to offend. Wait just a little longer and I will get around to you too!!
okduckdude
hunter

Postby mojo1 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:18 am

"Wildgame it's what's for dinner"
“The best waterfowl conservation tool of all is a well trained retriever.”

"Say what you want about the South, but U never hear of anyone retiring and moving north!"
mojo1
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:30 pm

Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby lost » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:34 pm

sent an email, Matt.
lost
hunter

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting