Who's Ready and Who Ain't???

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Who's Ready and Who Ain't???

Postby coach_1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:48 am

Who's got all their stuff ready to go?

I've got all mine ready except one thing. I'm in a mad dash to get a call made that I can hunt this year. Certainly a test of patience. I want to make a hunting call. I refuse to stick an Echo insert in and call it my call. But anyway I can't wait. Hopefully, this month will fly by. I'm ready to put the smack down on some birds. :boxing:
coach_1
hunter

Re: Who's Ready and Who Ain't???

Postby sooner737 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:56 am

Went to the honey hole few days ago to work the dog and water the millet and kicked up a dozen bwt. And apparently a group of residents decided they would use it as a loafing spot. If only my black hoody and face paint would arrive so I could actually kill them!
sooner737
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:08 pm

Got pretty much all my gear now...just waiting to get paid this week or sell something so I can get my SX3 20ga.
Also need to buy/create a storage container for my motion decoys.
Preparation, gotta help paint the rest of the 18 footer and get the blind on it, after it has pods put on it and some other structural work, and some tinkering with my motion decoys to get them working right. Other than that I am prepared. A lot farther ahead than we were last season.
UmatillaJeff wrote:This load would drop ducks and geese like thors hammer in my hands, I would bet the equity in my house on it.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby LTMFH » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:30 pm

I was ready the day after last season ended. Only things I need each year are, new HIP permit and a Federal Duck Stamp. Got both of those last month.
LTMFH Member since 1980
LTMFH
hunter

Postby GreenHeadLandman » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:08 pm

I thought I was ready at the end of last season, but just to make sure I am thinking I may need to make a trip over to Mack's PW for their Fall Festival next weekend.
GreenHeadLandman
hunter

Postby okduckdude » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:59 pm

The list of things to do is never ending right now....

-new hip and duck stamp
-get the decoys ready
-scout a few new spots
-clean my gun
-get a new floating gun case
-do some work on the duck boat

Ive been working the dog for the past few weeks and he is acting as if he hasn't missed a beat. I just hope my shooting skills will be up to par once the season starts like my dog will be.
Arise, Kill, and Eat. Acts 10:13

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philp. 4:13

I apologize to those I have yet to offend. Wait just a little longer and I will get around to you too!!
okduckdude
hunter

Postby JMichigan » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:19 pm

Just need to warm up on some doves and I will be ready to roll.
JMichigan
hunter

Postby okbucksnducks » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:29 pm

I have reloading to do and to find some new spots as well.
assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
okbucksnducks
hunter

Postby coach_1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:39 pm

JMichigan wrote:Just need to warm up on some doves and I will be ready to roll.

That's what I'm talking about. I've been seeing a bunch where I hunt. Can't wait.
coach_1
hunter

Postby Okie-quacker » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:19 am

I've got everything ready except one thing. Me an a hunting buddy are going to drive up to G&H an pick up 6 or 7 dozen decoys. After that all I need is a HIP and federal stamp.
Okie-quacker
hunter

Postby UrbanDuckMan » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:09 pm

Just gotta crack open the plastic bins that hold the clothes and pick out the Early Teal Season stuff! Heard from The Cajun Crew down on The Atchey and they report that there is a LOT OF WATER ... much more than we've been see'n the last couple of years ... they also report that they have located a camp ground with all the amenities and a launch point directly into the Gulf of Mexico that will cut off almost an hour of travel time that we have been make'n when we launch into the Calumet Cut at Patterson. This year we'll be coming into Wax Lake directly out of the Gulf! Gonna miss dodge'n all them Barges, Crab Boats , Alligator hunters and Commercial Cat Fish outfits at the launch!

They also advised that this year we will be " fishing " for our Blue Crab ... that is IF we want a big Crab Boil Event at the campsite and FOR SURE ... I AIN'T GONNA MISS OUT ON DAT DEAL!

The only thing I can't resolve is DO I REALLY NEED a new shotgun when the Benelli Venci it pumpn'em out very well and is show'n that it's as tough as it is pretty ... or ... is it that Old Fart deal come'n back... you know the thing that pushes you to do something cause your look'n at the ONCOMING LIGHT IN THE TUNNEL and FINALLY KNOW WHAT IT IS ... that would be ... TIME RUN'N OUT ON YA ... BUT FAST!

I like the looks and feel of the new Browning A5! I can get a helluva trade up at Gene Sears Supply ... BUT ... have grown so attached to the Benelli I don't think I even want to comtemplate her NOT BE'N THERE FOR ME in a pinch! Guess I could by pass the trade and HAVE BOTH the Benelli and the A5?

Gotta ge the War Eagle slicked up and it looks like this year we just might get to make a few REAL DEAL BOAT HUNTS ... and... that's something we ain't done in several years. While all this water has refilled up a lot of our old haunts the fact is our FAVORITE BOATE HUNT'N SPOT ... Canton lAKE .... IS STILL 30 FT. LOW!

The Steel Rounds I prefer are still on the skinny side ... gonna stick with the switch made over the past two seasons and that is 2 3/4 " #2's or #3's ... still can find plenty of Mirage 2 3/4 " Dueces but not the Winchester Expert 1550 ft. per second Treys I really would like to have stocked up 'fore the season start ... guess I'm gonna have to hit the Internet for those?

It's a GREAT TIME OF YEAR Bro! GOOD LUCH to all you SICKO DUCK WHACKERS out there!

Matomos Mucho Patos Aqui!
UrbanDuckMan
UrbanDuckMan
hunter

Postby JMichigan » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:24 am

coach_1 wrote:
JMichigan wrote:Just need to warm up on some doves and I will be ready to roll.

That's what I'm talking about. I've been seeing a bunch where I hunt. Can't wait.

I feel like a group shoot at your spot is in order. Everyone needs to practice a little. They are just doves. We talking about practice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d29VsG35DQM
:beer:
JMichigan
hunter

Postby cole1 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:47 am

We talkin about practice yall, Not not notta game... We talkin practice... How the hell can I make my teammates better by practicing? LOL I love this!
cole1
hunter

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting