Doves

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Re: Doves

Postby me3401 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:21 am

Well, I changed my mind again and chased the dove Friday evening. I'm on a 40 acre sunflower field. There were well over 500 birds in the field. I did not shoot well (took a different gun out and just could not get on the birds), but ended with 8 down and several others missing feathers. I hope they are still there this afternoon/evening.
me3401
hunter

Re: Doves

Postby Duck Whisperer » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:25 pm

Hunted a little this last weekend at Morris. Still no birds on the two fields left. Killed a whopping four. Had a neighbor of the field I was on drive out and "tell me" that the pasture I just left (I was looking for a sailed bird) was private. I told him I figured as much but was simply looking for a lost bird; I also pointed out that since he must have watched me look for 15 minutes, he should have noticed I didn't have my gun with me (left it on the other side of the fence as I figured it was 50/50 that the pasture was a different owner, and I don't take the gun with me when I look for hit game off whatever property I am hunting.)

No biggie. Can't be upset with him for not wanting anyone on his property. Sure he's dealt wth many a yahoo over the years.

Today, after I left my rail spot, I saw 75 to 100 dove on the wires next to a milo field. Private field. Drove to some other milo fields in the vicinity that are huntable and saw none. Dove Gods simply are not with me this year.
Pro Staff to nothin'
Sponsored by nobody
I just do it.......Duckin' Crazy!

They say there is "a fine line between genious and insanity". That's the line I live on.
DW
Duck Whisperer
hunter

Previous

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting