Waterfowl Lease

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Waterfowl Lease

Postby cole1 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:28 am

I have a current lease with a number of ponds... And it really is a good all around lease for dear, turkey, hog, coyote, etc. This lease has cattle that cycle through it so it makes it hard to actually plant anything without the cows eating it... So the duck hunting was decent last year but hit or miss with that many ponds...

There are only 2 of us on the lease that hunt waterfowl and we are thinking about getting on an additional lease that is more geared for waterfowl if anyone has an opening or two??? We are up in the Tulsa area. We are both in our early 30's and are respectful hunters... Also, we are members of the Delta Waterfowl Tulsa Chapter. I will be on the committee to help set up the banquet this year. We are very conscious of this sport and making better for the future.

Thanks guys!
cole1
hunter

Re: Waterfowl Lease

Postby Specklebelly » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:36 pm

I know how you feel about cows. They drove me crazy on one field this year while goose hunting. After about an hour and multiple flocks of flared geese, they left us alone.

Good luck on your search.
I love my SP-10
Specklebelly
hunter

Postby cole1 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:01 pm

Thanks Speck! I love when I walk back over to where my truck is parked and they have licked every square inch of it... or nose prints on it... I would love to get on to a lease and put in some work with the other lessees and have a really nice marsh area or even some flooded timber... I guess that's wishful thinking!!! I know a couple places that are prime spots but for the life of me can't find an owner!!!!
cole1
hunter

Postby The Real Old Guy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:06 pm

If you can't find the owner of the property by asking around, you can always go down to the county courthouse and find out who owns the property.
I've done it twice and both times the land was tied up in an estate with multiple owners, so I couldn't get a clear OK to hunt the property. :sad:
The Real Old Guy
hunter

Postby cole1 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:08 am

That was going to be my next move... Also, kinda why I was checking to see if anyone else knew of any openings on more of a waterfowl geared lease... Its always nice to share the cost of these with other guys that you can trust.
cole1
hunter

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting