Duck Hunting Forum banner

Teal Hunting

5K views 50 replies 15 participants last post by  petrotk40 
#1 ·
So I am just trying to get a feel for how many of you teal hunt with mallard or other duck decoys and how many of you use strictly teal? The same goes for Mojos? I have always used my standard size mallards and not had a problem but was thinking about getting some teal and a teal mojo but wondered if it is really worth it?

#3 ·
I use teal decoys and a mallard mojo's......

If I had the money to buy teal mojo's I would.

As stated above I'm a purest as well.

#9 ·
cole1 said:
That was not aboot Canadian's!!! I promise!
Eh?
How abooot some Canadian bacon Eh? Dontcha know for those early mornin breakfast with ice in your orange juice eh.

#10 ·
I set out about 7 dozen teal, but don't think you need teal specific dekes at all. I find teal to be, well, pretty stupid. (talkin' early teal). My experience with them is they are either here, or they ain't - you either limit in usually 5 minutes.....or don't see any. IF they are around, I think a rig of any decoys would work.

I use only teal moreso because over the 3 decades I've been hunting, I've ammassed a lot of gear, and simply have the teal dekes to use. Much easier hauling 7 dozen little dekes around than hauling the big dekes. If I were a purist, I'd use only my hen teal dekes.

#11 ·
okduckdude said:
cole1 said:
Eh?
How abooot some Canadian bacon Eh? Dontcha know for those early mornin breakfast with ice in your orange juice eh.
Dontcha forget bout the peeCANS for a snack! We go down to the crick and fish with the yuppers. Eh...what's the difference between a Ferrari and and a bag full of Canadians? I dont have a Ferrari in my garage

#12 ·
sooner737 said:
okduckdude said:
cole1 said:
Eh?
Dontcha forget bout the peeCANS for a snack! We go down to the crick and fish with the yuppers. Eh...what's the difference between a Ferrari and and a bag full of Canadians? I dont have a Ferrari in my garage
Dontcha know thats funny eh?

#14 ·
okduckdude said:
sooner737 said:
okduckdude said:
cole1 said:
Eh?
Dontcha know thats funny eh?
Okay you two, start talking about teal.........or get a room :lol3:

#17 ·
IF I/we go, I'll probably use the yak(s) if I'm only having to haul teal decoys. Yak is always ready. Should I decide to use the canoe (to haul Canuk rig, with blinds, as them Canuks ain't as stupid as teal), I'd have to drag it out from under the laurel trees and kill the ant colony that seems to take up residence in it every year.

Hades, I haven't even taken an inventory of what shells I have availablle for Sunday's dove opener. Seems I get more behind every year. Sucks gettin' old.

#18 ·
I have my gear ready for dove and cleaned all my guns.

I required the ignition on my motor and have ran the boat periodically this summer. It's running just fine, then again it's a mud motor and change the oil and its ready to go!

I just mainly have to scout, which really won't be for another week and a half.

#19 ·
I usually go with 2-3 dozen teal hen and 1-2 teal mojos. I actually paint my teal mojos to look like early season blue wings. Even tho I think teal will come into anything because the first season I went I used a dozen mallards and I was killing them then. Now that I've acquired a lot of decoys and free time to paint I try to make it as real as possible for my own satisfaction. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.