How to scout for early season geese

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

How to scout for early season geese

Postby Oklahoma Greenhead » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:13 pm

Hey guys,

I was just curious to see some of your tactics and possibly get a couple pointers for scouting early season geese.


Thanks,

OKGH
"QUACK 'em, WHACK 'em, STACK 'em"

Mashin' Mallards since 1991
Oklahoma Greenhead
hunter
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:51 pm
Location: Stillwater, Ok


Re: How to scout for early season geese

Postby JDog » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:15 pm

Fill up the truck. Drive till nearly empty. Refill and repeat. :thumbsup:
User avatar
JDog
hunter
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:57 pm
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Re: How to scout for early season geese

Postby Willhunt4food » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:32 am

JDog wrote:Fill up the truck. Drive till nearly empty. Refill and repeat. :thumbsup:


Or
#1 - Fill up the truck
#2 - Load Golf Clubs
#3 - Play 9 Holes After Work on Thursday
#4 - Drive to Farm House Friday After Work, Where Geese Flew to the Day Before with a Gift Card and Obtain Permission to Hunt said Geese.
#5 - Limit on Geese Sat. Morning.
#6 Repeat on Sunday but play a full 18!
User avatar
Willhunt4food
hunter
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:58 pm
Location: Stillwater Oklahoma

Re: How to scout for early season geese

Postby okduckdude » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:51 am

Willhunt4food wrote:
JDog wrote:Fill up the truck. Drive till nearly empty. Refill and repeat. :thumbsup:


Or
#1 - Fill up the truck
#2 - Load Golf Clubs
#3 - Play 9 Holes After Work on Thursday
#4 - Drive to Farm House Friday After Work, Where Geese Flew to the Day Before with a Gift Card and Obtain Permission to Hunt said Geese.
#5 - Limit on Geese Sat. Morning.
#6 Repeat on Sunday but play a full 18!



OR

You could just go to the golf course with a BB gun and some wonder bread..... Bring a grill and boom you have brunch. Then a round of afternoon golf. :thumbsup:
Arise, Kill, and Eat. Acts 10:13

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philp. 4:13

I apologize to those I have yet to offend. Wait just a little longer and I will get around to you too!!
User avatar
okduckdude
hunter
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: How to scout for early season geese

Postby rebelmdb69 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:50 pm

okduckdude wrote:
Willhunt4food wrote:
JDog wrote:Fill up the truck. Drive till nearly empty. Refill and repeat. :thumbsup:


Or
#1 - Fill up the truck
#2 - Load Golf Clubs
#3 - Play 9 Holes After Work on Thursday
#4 - Drive to Farm House Friday After Work, Where Geese Flew to the Day Before with a Gift Card and Obtain Permission to Hunt said Geese.
#5 - Limit on Geese Sat. Morning.
#6 Repeat on Sunday but play a full 18!



OR

You could just go to the golf course with a BB gun and some wonder bread..... Bring a grill and boom you have brunch. Then a round of afternoon golf. :thumbsup:

I do this except I just use an old wedge and whackem good lol
User avatar
rebelmdb69
Free Pass Moderator
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:28 pm


Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests