SI article about OSU

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Re: SI article about OSU

Postby Specklebelly » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:34 am

petrotk40 wrote:
coach_1 wrote:I guarantee you that Johnny Football is sitting back relaxing because he is not the center of attention. At least for now.

you betcha. Although CBS has a "Johnny cam" planned for Saturday's game

Is that legit? If so, shame on CBS.
I love my SP-10
Specklebelly
hunter

Postby petrotk40 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:31 pm

Specklebelly wrote:
petrotk40 wrote:
coach_1 wrote:I guarantee you that Johnny Football is sitting back relaxing because he is not the center of attention. At least for now.

you betcha. Although CBS has a "Johnny cam" planned for Saturday's game

Is that legit? If so, shame on CBS.

unfortunately, yes
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/cbs-will-have-one-camera-devoted-to-johnny-manziel-on-saturday/
petrotk40
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:48 pm

sooner737 wrote:OSU 2....SI 0. The 3rd better have some good stuff or this will get ugly!

The only thing I saw that could hold any water (in today's article) is the Dez Bryant thing....it wouldn't surprise me.
Same type of accusation was made against Kevin Williams, but a non-athlete came out and said they had classes with him and he is actually very intelligent and showed up to class every time.

One thing about this academic stuff falls on the NCAA. If they don't want stupid athletes in college, they need to raise the admission requirements. As long as it abides with NCAA rules every single college is going to do it.
Mainly referring to the part where people were outraged about the illiterate players being in college. Now if work was done for them, that's a problem that falls upon OSU, but being allowed to be signed on with the college is all on the NCAA.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby coach_1 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:32 pm

Wouldn't the NCAA have found something academically on Dez when they went on that witch hunt???? They dug and dug and the only thing they could do was say he lied about dinner. SI better hope Dez doesn't lawyer up.
coach_1
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:41 pm

coach_1 wrote:SI better hope Dez doesn't lawyer up.

SI better hope a lot of people don't lawyer up. There were at least 2 outright lies in the first article. After SI is done with their show, I hope they get sued back to the stone age.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby coach_1 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:42 pm

shoveler_shooter wrote:
coach_1 wrote:SI better hope Dez doesn't lawyer up.

SI better hope a lot of people don't lawyer up. There were at least 2 outright lies in the first article. After SI is done with their show, I hope they get sued back to the stone age.

I still think it's too early to tell who's lying and who's not. Would be great if SI released the tape and video recordings of the complete interviews. Something tells me those will disappear and or stay locked up forever or until the lawsuits get thrown at them.
coach_1
hunter

Postby DuckmanOK » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:37 pm

Go pokes! Enough said
DuckmanOK
hunter

Postby okbucksnducks » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:12 am

My subscription with SI is done now as a result of this
assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
okbucksnducks
hunter

Postby Specklebelly » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:52 pm

I went dove hunting this morning and was listening to sports radio on the way back. The King (Barry Switzer) actually called in and defended OSU on this. Kind of caught me off guard but good to hear. He basically said what is being reported is minor and happens at every school and not the fault of the college.
I love my SP-10
Specklebelly
hunter

Postby mojo1 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Specklebelly wrote:Attractive girls have sex with football players in college? That is shocking. :hammer:

I hate to say it but this happens at 100% of the schools. Maybe not BYU but you get my point.

:lol3: when I was still stationed up in UT, a few BYU players got in trouble for sex, seems it violates the schools honor code. :no:
"Wildgame it's what's for dinner"
“The best waterfowl conservation tool of all is a well trained retriever.”

"Say what you want about the South, but U never hear of anyone retiring and moving north!"
mojo1
hunter

Previous

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting