River Country Ducks Unlimited Banquet

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

River Country Ducks Unlimited Banquet

Postby JDog » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:56 pm

Hey guys,

The River Country Chapter of Ducks Unlimited is having our annual Banquet on Saturday, October 12th at the Creek County Fairgrounds. We are going to have tons of great items in our silent and live auction. We are also having a general raffle this year with tons of stuff, including decoys and guns!!!

We are going to have a total of 12 guns at the event. As always, we will be having our unique mystery gun raffle with a shotgun valued at over 1k. We also have some tactical rifles and a pistol or two to give away along with several other shotguns including a nice side by side.

Our catered dinner this year is going to include a whole hog, chicken, brisket, all the fixins. Plenty of cold beverages to go around as well!

PM me for additional details, or if you would like to purchase a ticket. You can also go to the following link and get your tickets online: http://www.ducks.org/oklahoma/events/32 ... lpa-dinner

You can also like our Facebook page to stay in the loop: https://www.facebook.com/pages/River-Co ... 4834606406

Also, if you have ever wanted to get involved with DU and have never had the opportunity, we are always looking for new committee members. It's all about the ducks and raising money for the habitat and projects. As an outdoorsman, it's a great way to give back and doesn't take a huge time commitment. If you're interested in getting involved, just let me know.
JDog
hunter

Re: River Country Ducks Unlimited Banquet

Postby Duck Whisperer » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:02 pm

Will Miss Kansas be there?
Pro Staff to nothin'
Sponsored by nobody
I just do it.......Duckin' Crazy!

They say there is "a fine line between genious and insanity". That's the line I live on.
DW
Duck Whisperer
hunter

Postby Duck Whisperer » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:06 pm

On a serious note. Been to this chapter's event. Would always rather go to this one than any "big city" one. Met jdog there. Great guy. BTW he looks just like his avatar....uncanny.
Pro Staff to nothin'
Sponsored by nobody

They say there is "a fine line between genious and insanity". That's the line I live on.
DW
Duck Whisperer
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:09 pm

Duck Whisperer wrote:Will Miss Kansas be there?

:lol: :lol:
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:13 pm

Duck Whisperer wrote:On a serious note. Been to this chapter's event. Would always rather go to this one than any "big city" one. Met jdog there. Great guy. BTW he looks just like his avatar....uncanny.

The purple suit and everything? Or does he roll like the Waco Kid?
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby JDog » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:23 pm

Thanks for the endorsement DW! Unfortunately Miss Kansas has failed to return my emails at this point. She's still bitter about me not calling her back in college.

SS, I absolutely opt for the purple.
JDog
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:30 pm

JDog wrote:SS, I absolutely opt for the purple.

Excellent choice. I drive a purple truck, it's the best color around.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby Duck Whisperer » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:21 pm

JDog wrote:Thanks for the endorsement DW! Unfortunately Miss Kansas has failed to return my emails at this point. She's still bitter about me not calling her back in college.

first :lol: :lol: :lol:

second: Really? REALLY? If you can't lure a little girl like that with the kind of candy you insinuate you have, you need to change your avatar now. You sir, are NO Willy Wonka!!!!

To all, sorry for being all over these threads tonight. Some dumb-bunnie (me) didn't close the freezer door completely the other night. A few things thawed beyond me wanting to refreeze them, and it is against my ethics to throw game away, so I'm babysitting the smoker for several hours. Just bored.
Pro Staff to nothin'
Sponsored by nobody

DW
Duck Whisperer
hunter

Postby JDog » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:42 pm

Banquet is set for Saturday night. I've talked to a few forum members that plan on attending. Hope to see several of you there.
JDog
hunter

Postby sooner737 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:00 pm

shoveler_shooter wrote:
Duck Whisperer wrote:On a serious note. Been to this chapter's event. Would always rather go to this one than any "big city" one. Met jdog there. Great guy. BTW he looks just like his avatar....uncanny.

The purple suit and everything? Or does he roll like the Waco Kid?

My name is jim.....but most people call me......jim.

not often someone around my age knows let alone appreciates Blazing Saddles. You sir are ahead of the game.
sooner737
hunter

Postby okduckdude » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:51 am

Hi Jim!!!
Arise, Kill, and Eat. Acts 10:13

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philp. 4:13

I apologize to those I have yet to offend. Wait just a little longer and I will get around to you too!!
okduckdude
hunter

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting