baiting bears with a barrel full of donuts

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

baiting bears with a barrel full of donuts

Postby shoveler_shooter » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:31 pm

Saw this on the ODWC facebook page, got a good laugh out of it. Occurred in SE OK.
I think it's reasonable to assume the perp owns a donut shop or knows someone who does...who would spend that much $$ to throw away donuts?
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Re: baiting bears with a barrel full of donuts

Postby LiquidA45 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Don't know anything about bear hunting regs, is that illegal in OK?
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:41 pm

Decided not to be lazy and check, only place you can't bait is WMAs. Those cinnamon rolls looks good.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:44 pm

LiquidA45 wrote:Decided not to be lazy and check, only place you can't bait is WMAs. Those cinnamon rolls looks good.

Makes me wonder if he was trying to bait a cop instead of a bear...if so, he succeeded.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby sooner737 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:44 pm

shoveler_shooter wrote:Saw this on the ODWC facebook page, got a good laugh out of it. Occurred in SE OK.
I think it's reasonable to assume the perp owns a donut shop or knows someone who does...who would spend that much $$ to throw away donuts?

Ok ill bite....looks like a good ambush for the local law enforcement. :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: anyway...perhaps he kept a few days worth of old ones the shop would of thrown out? I need to go to se Oklahoma. Gators and bears.....beats the hell out of shooting coyotes all year long
sooner737
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:47 pm

My buddy tried to get me into bow hunting last year. Went out to Cherokee a couple times after class and never saw anything close enough to shoot. My buddy keeps telling me to hunt a certain spot saying I'm bound to get a shot. Duck season arrives and I give up bow hunting. He goes to that spot a day after me and has a black bear walk 10 yards from him on the ground with only a bow...right there in Tahlequah. That's when I knew I was done with that nonsense.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby okbucksnducks » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:16 pm

Don't they know anything? Bears are baited with picnic baskets.
assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
okbucksnducks
hunter

Postby razorback » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:55 pm

Actually doughnuts are pretty common bait. Most guys go by the doughnut shop and get the ones they are throwing out from the day before.

We do not bait for them, but they show up on our place from time to time. My father-n-law killed a nice one last year with his bow.
razorback
hunter

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting