cabelas catalog overload?

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

cabelas catalog overload?

Postby XR2 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:03 pm

Does anybody else feel like Cabelas is bombarding your mailbox? My wife and I took a 2 week vacation earlier this year and camped out west in a bunch of national parks and we ordered a BUNCH of camping gear from them on top of the stuff I order from them for hunting (actually not a lot the past few years). Now I'm getting Cabelas catalogs every day. Waterfowl, big game hunting, camping, clothing, shooting gear, season ending clearance, womens clothing, footwear, etc. You name it they have a catalog for it and they'll send me 4 of each. Anybody else on here getting the same? Even if I had some money to burn on gear I likely wouldn't order it from them the way their prices are getting...
XR2
hunter

Re: cabelas catalog overload?

Postby LiquidA45 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:45 pm

It may also have something to do with the fact that they just opened that store by you, probably increased the advertising budget for nw Arkansas/ne Oklahoma/so Missouri.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby XR2 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:59 pm

Didn't even think of that (I try to stay out of that place, it is crazy busy and overpriced in there). I figured I had gained some elevated level of advertising from them after we vacation gear-up'd in there and sort of assumed some of you guys might have dropped some coin from them as well.
XR2
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:47 pm

XR2 wrote:Didn't even think of that (I try to stay out of that place, it is crazy busy and overpriced in there). I figured I had gained some elevated level of advertising from them after we vacation gear-up'd in there and sort of assumed some of you guys might have dropped some coin from them as well.

I wanted to make a trip over there while I was still in school In Tahlequah but never got around to it. Bass Pro is 2 miles from my house so that's where all my money gets spent, I don't know that I have ever purchased anything from Cabela's.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby bc2020 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:12 am

I've ordered stuff from them over the past couple of years and yes, they have been piling it in. Got two today,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4
bc2020
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:36 am

Got home yesterday and had a sales ad and two magazines from bps
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby Nerdwick » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:50 am

lol....I get 3 of the same catalog for every season for some reason.
Nerdwick
hunter

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting