Cabela's in OKC

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Cabela's in OKC

Postby Skye Bustin' » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:03 pm

Not sure if anyone has heard but there are negotiations in the works for Cabela's coming to OKC. I've only seen where the location could possibly be but unsure of the time frame. I don't know about you all but I'm pretty excited about something other than Bass Pro. I'm not going to complain, but I'd prefer a Roger's or Sportsman's but Cabela's will do just fine.

http://www.okctalk.com/suburban-develop ... -road.html
Skye Bustin'
hunter

Re: Cabela's in OKC

Postby duck501 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:03 am

I hope it happens.
duck501
hunter

Postby LTMFH » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:47 am

I hope it DONT happen. Now I can order from Cabelas. Get the order and pay NO taxes. Not true if they move to Oklahoma.
Marathon Maniacs Member #9135
LTMFH
hunter

Postby sooner737 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:06 am

I agree with kodak. You may say...well they get you on shipping....BULLCRAP. They will if you let them but I've yet to get them to waive shipping charges on items not decoys or such. Just call customer service. Good ole Nebraska folk.
sooner737
hunter

Postby Duck Whisperer » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:00 am

Skye Bustin' wrote:Not sure if anyone has heard but there are negotiations in the works for Cabela's coming to OKC. I've only seen where the location could possibly be but unsure of the time frame. I don't know about you all but I'm pretty excited about something other than Bass Pro. I'm not going to complain, but I'd prefer a Roger's or Sportsman's but Cabela's will do just fine.

Don't believe it until a store is ACTUALLY standing. Seems like there has been a perpetual rumor for the last five years that Cabelas is opening a store in OKC, Tulsa, Owasso.........
Last edited by Duck Whisperer on Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro Staff to nothin'
Sponsored by nobody
I just do it.......Duckin' Crazy!

They say there is "a fine line between genious and insanity". That's the line I live on.
DW
Duck Whisperer
hunter

Postby XR2 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:46 pm

Well, if it opens I guess it is a good place to get a pair of waders or something in a pinch but if it is anything like the one over here in NWA (again, IF it happens) be prepared to out of sight prices, shoddy service in the store, and a nice tax on top of your shipping if you want to avoid the store altogether and order online.
XR2
hunter

Postby LTMFH » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:56 pm

XR2 wrote:Well, if it opens I guess it is a good place to get a pair of waders or something in a pinch but if it is anything like the one over here in NWA (again, IF it happens) be prepared to out of sight prices, shoddy service in the store, and a nice tax on top of your shipping if you want to avoid the store altogether and order online.

Same for the Cabelas in Fort Worth. Good place for Tourists. Never has anything you are looking for.
Marathon Maniacs Member #9135
LTMFH
hunter

Postby okbucksnducks » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:34 pm

Duck Whisperer wrote:
Skye Bustin' wrote:Not sure if anyone has heard but there are negotiations in the works for Cabela's coming to OKC. I've only seen where the location could possibly be but unsure of the time frame. I don't know about you all but I'm pretty excited about something other than Bass Pro. I'm not going to complain, but I'd prefer a Roger's or Sportsman's but Cabela's will do just fine.

Don't believe it until a store standing is ACTUALLY standing. Seems like there has been a perpetual rumor for the last five years that Cabelas is opening a store in OKC, Tulsa, Owasso.........

This - including Moore and Glennpool on that list. I heard of Owasso first about 10 years ago and more cities keep being thrown out there.
assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
okbucksnducks
hunter

Postby Duck Whisperer » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:40 pm

THREADJACK

Man, I miss Sportsman's Warehouse that used to be in OKC.
Pro Staff to nothin'
Sponsored by nobody

They say there is "a fine line between genious and insanity". That's the line I live on.
DW
Duck Whisperer
hunter

Postby Skye Bustin' » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:10 pm

Duck Whisperer wrote:THREADJACK

Man, I miss Sportsman's Warehouse that used to be in OKC.

I could live in that store! They had everything you could imagine AND at decent prices. I wouldn't mind seeing a Gander Mtn in OK
Skye Bustin'
hunter

Postby petrotk40 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:26 pm

Gander is stupid expensive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
petrotk40
hunter

Postby Skye Bustin' » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:39 pm

petrotk40 wrote:Gander is stupid expensive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Never really bought from there. Was at a store in TX years ago and was just amazed at the amount of stuff they had. But I've also noticed, this sport isn't cheap to begin with
Skye Bustin'
hunter

Postby petrotk40 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:35 am

Skye Bustin' wrote:Never really bought from there. Was at a store in TX years ago and was just amazed at the amount of stuff they had. But I've also noticed, this sport isn't cheap to begin with

I went in to a few in Texas and rarely bought anything. Most things were 10-15% more than Academy or Bass Pro. Their firearms are particularly expensive.
petrotk40
hunter

Postby bc2020 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:24 pm

That OKCTalk story is BS according to a friend of mine. Particularly the Cabela's part. There might actually be a hint of truth to the Moore story. Take that for what it's worth, I know nothing!
bc2020
hunter

Postby jeff_osu » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:48 am

I'm good to go with Academy. BassPro and Cabelas are so expensive...I can buy the same clothes with the "Magellen" nametag (rather than Columbia) and pay about half.
jeff_osu
hunter

Postby petrotk40 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:53 am

Academy is my favorite as well, although their ammo selection leaves a lot to be desired
petrotk40
hunter

Postby lost » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:08 am

Not a fan of Cabela's. Ridiculous prices, but no different than the others like BP or Gander Mtn. Never had the privilege of using a Sportsmans Warehouse.
lost
hunter

Postby DucknGoodTime » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:12 am

Read where cabelas announced 3 new stores in Canada, North Carolina and Wisconsin, no mention of Oklahoma.
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zht ... highlight=

Blessings,
Rick
Blessings,
Rick
DucknGoodTime
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:13 pm

lost wrote:Not a fan of Cabela's. Ridiculous prices, but no different than the others like BP or Gander Mtn. Never had the privilege of using a Sportsmans Warehouse.

They're definitely better than ass pro or gander mtn...but not by that much. Some good deals can be found in the bargain cave.
Cabela's is my #2 store for ordering stuff, therefore I hope they don't come to OK.
UmatillaJeff wrote:This load would drop ducks and geese like thors hammer in my hands, I would bet the equity in my house on it.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby jeff_osu » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:15 pm

If you shop out of season, the Bargain Cave is indeed a good place to visit. I got some very cheap, very nice winter gear up in North Dakota in May. That said, Academy just purged their summer inventory last month, and most of it was 30-50% off.
jeff_osu
hunter

Postby Duck Whisperer » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:08 pm

I like Academy too, BUT, you better get what you need when they first stock it as they seem to never restock as a season wheres on.
Pro Staff to nothin'
Sponsored by nobody

DW
Duck Whisperer
hunter

Postby arkansasmatt104 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:50 pm

I agree with what XR2 said. I am from Oklahoma, but currently living in North Central Arkansas, and I think the Cabelas in NW Arkansas sucks, and the guys working the waterfowl department are jackasses! Now if I order from Cabelas online I gotta pay damn tax. I will say this, I have made several purchases online from Rogers Sporting Good, which is in Liberty, MO. I will say, Rogers has a HUGE waterfowl gear selection and as far as price, they are hard to beat. They ship very fast, usually have my order in 1 or 2 days. If you have never ordered from Rogers, I would give them a try. They have a huge sale on waterfowl gear in June or July, if you are on there mailing list they will send you a sale paper and the prices are awesome. Anyway that was my 2 cents. Good luck to all who are gonna get after em in the morning, I will be there next weekend to shoot some in the lips.
Good luck to all.
Shoot what you can afford boys, shoot what you can afford!!
arkansasmatt104
hunter

Postby mojo1 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:25 am

When I was stationed in Utah, I loved shopping at Sportsmens Warehouse. I regularly went to the local store there. When sportsmens warehouse was going thru their bankruptcy reorganization, they either closed or sold off a lot of stores. Sadly the OKC store was one of those. The only store left this far south that I know of is the one in SouthHaven Miss, it's adjunct to Memphis. When I go see my sister in Memphis I always make a run there.

Boy do I ever wish they would open a store down here. However you can still order from their online website.
"Wildgame it's what's for dinner"
“The best waterfowl conservation tool of all is a well trained retriever.”

"Say what you want about the South, but U never hear of anyone retiring and moving north!"
mojo1
hunter

Postby Duck Whisperer » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:34 am

What I liked about Sportsman Warehouse was that they seemed to always have a "clearance rack", stuff that wasn't announced in any ad. And not crappy or broken stuff. Everytime I stopped in, they usually had something at a VERY good buy (if you just happenned to need that something). Bought a really nice $250 wading jacket/raincoat for under $70; if they had a broken box of decoys, they'd usually sell the singles at a few dollars apiece, etc, etc. I do miss them.
Pro Staff to nothin'
Sponsored by nobody

DW
Duck Whisperer
hunter

Postby okbucksnducks » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:53 am

assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
okbucksnducks
hunter

Next

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting