Mallard Limit in 12 minutes!

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Mallard Limit in 12 minutes!

Postby Deano » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:25 pm

Wooooooooooo Hoooooooooo
I finally was in the right spot at the right time. 12 minutes and I had 5 drake mallards ready to be cleaned!
Then set there for over an hour trying to get that elusive 6th duck but alas nothing but mallards falling all around me.
It was fun and made all those days with no ducks and one duck bagged worth while.

Deano
Deano
hunter

Postby perkins_quack_addict » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:56 pm

yeah that I love that when that happens 3 of us got our mallard limit in about 20 minutes last sunday it was very cool. Im glad to hear that you finally found a good spot. This is the last day of the season for me now so im looking for geese. Does anyone know where any good geese lakes are?
perkins_quack_addict
hunter

Postby bc4759 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:58 pm

anywhere around sooner lake is pretty good, i went and got my decoys this afternoon and there was 1 duck on that pond and 1 teal an 2 gads came in when i was wrapping up my decoy lines.. not much action over there, yea its definatly time for some geese..
bc4759
hunter

Postby Deano » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:55 am

Too bad this spot is only good when the rest of the area sloughs and ponds are frozen over.
Took my youngest son back there yesterday morning and let him shoot. We took 2 mallard drakes, 2 GWT drakes, 1 mallard hen and 3 widgeon. He was pumped up! It was great

Deano
Deano
hunter

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting