Duck Hunting Forum banner

Favorite Duck

1K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  okbucksnducks 
#1 ·
We all love getting those green heads.... That's a given. What is everyone's favorite duck to pursue or shoot or overall general like besides green heads?

I personally like greenwing teal.... Great to eat and fun to shoot!

#9 ·
Don't get me started on redheads :fingerpt:

Actually Pins have always been my fav all around duck, though they are barely in my top 5 for tablefare.

#11 ·
ErieAngler said:
Black duck, next common duck I shot to a mallard back in my home state of Ohio, unheard of here.
I miss them also. Mallards and Blacks were our bread and butter back in Maryland. In 20+ years I have seen one in Oklahoma. Though I'm sure somebody (as usual) will come on here and swear they "have a group of 50 or more every year on this spot we hunt, yada, yada, yada". I don't EVEN bother argueing with them about it. Probably same guys that kill lots of rail on their dove lease cornfields every year :no:

#17 ·
JDog said:
I'm gonna say gadwall. Not because they're the prettiest duck or my favorite to hunt, but with the amount of hunts they've saved over the years I owe them. They eat pretty good too!
I give a lot of credit to them greys. Used to hardly see any (back in days when they simply had low numbers). Now that their numbers are way up, both historically and compared to % of ducks in general, I shoot a lot. Great eating; they are in my top 3 for tablefare after GWT and redheads. Some years I hunt over pretty much only gadwall decoys dependent on conditions. Some consider them lowly; I love 'em.

okbucksnducks, were you around (remember) my "I hate to brag post" that the mods removed? A post not 10% offensive as most jokes on the joke forum. Just curious if that's what you are referring to?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.