Give me your opinion on waders!!!

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Would you recommend the brush tough waders?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:31 pm

Yes
56%
No
11%
Never had a pair
33%
Keep patching my old ones!!!
No votes

Total votes : 9

Give me your opinion on waders!!!

Postby Gruberguy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:31 pm

I bought a new pair of waders from Bass Pro this year. They already have 4 holes in them that I had to patch. When I bought them, I started to buy the neoprene "brush tough" but the guy at BPS talked me out of it.... he said they are harder than hell to walk long distances in, so I opted for regular neoprene waders....

So... if you have had an experience with the 5mm thick brush tough waders let me know!!!
Gruberguy
hunter

Postby Kiskadinna » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:07 pm

It seems to me to be a trade off. Anything but the best breathables are goingto be uncomfortable on really long walks, but I patch my breathables a couple times a year during fishing season. Some people are more prone to getting holes in their waders too, but Im wondering, where are you getting the holes?
-Erik
Kiskadinna
Super Moderator

Postby Gruberguy » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:28 am

I get them from walking in my slough which is kind of like flooded timber.... the beavers have tons of cut logs in the water, and they poke a holes.... all of my holes are from the knee down....
Gruberguy
hunter

Postby Deano » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:51 am

I've got 3 pair of waders at present time. One is real thin and great to walk in, second are RedHeads I think and for some reason the boots don't hold up for nuttin, 2 big holes in two years. Pair 3 are brush tough type from cabelas and I've abused em this year with great results. They are harder to walk in and have more insulation which makes for a hot sweaty hunter but they havnen't torn.

Deano
Deano
hunter

Postby dgraves » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:40 am

I have to agree with deano. I have the cabelas dura mag waders and they are little tough to walk in but when you get to your favorite hole you are dry. I have two pair a light pair and the dura mag. The light pair I use during teal season. The heavy pair for regular duck season just wear what you need to wear underneath. The first two weeks of duck season I wore shorts under my waders and was just fine.
dgraves
State Moderator

Postby bruno67 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:51 pm

i got a pair of lacross pro guide seris i think is what they are called not for sure but they are the top of the line lacrosses and they have the brush tough neropreme and it is the best stuff ever evented but so are lacross waders i put my waders through alot of crap and these seem to still hold up the best pair of waders i have ever owned
~( EVERYONE READY ????? ALRIGHT BOYS !!!! TAKE ' EM)~
bruno67
hunter

Postby Cast_and_Blast » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:51 pm

Buy the new good stuff, THEY LAST FOREVER
Cast_and_Blast
hunter

Postby Ned S » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:57 am

I wear the Brush Busters, best wader I have ever owned. When I bought them they only had felt liners. I think they are on sale now for $120 with thinsulate. If it got down to 17 or colder I add foot chemical warmers. Also I let the felt liners dry out after each hunt by pulling them out of the wader. I hunt Lake Meredith Noth of Amarillo alot and we put on our gear and get the boat ready at a heated toilet. Sure makes it nice. Ned S the young 78 yr old.
Ned Swygard
Ned S
hunter

dri plus

Postby BadlabinBville » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:38 pm

I have had the Cabelas dry plus for the past two years and I hunt 30 plus days a year in warm and very cold (below zero) and have been very happy. I have the 600 grams and if it is in the teens or below I wear a pair of wader pants.
BadlabinBville
hunter

Postby Gruberguy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:32 am

Thanks for the answers guys... I think I will buy the the Brush tuff during the offseason, maybe onsale???
Gruberguy
hunter

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting