Sporting Clays

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Sporting Clays

Postby ohsobad_hunter » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:21 pm

Hello fellas,

I hope that everyones season went well and everyone was accident free. I didn't have an outstanding season, but we had several good hunts and added to the good memories.

I am a sporting clays shooter and am curious if anyone from the site is involved in the NSCA or participates in any registered shoots. We travel quit a ways to participate in shooting events and thought it would be interesting to meet some of you from the site.

Let me know if any of you are shooting at any NSCA events this year and we will meet up and shoot a round together. :thumbsup:

:salude:
>>---Mat---->
ohsobad_hunter
hunter

Postby Deano » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:44 am

Nope, never shot em or even seen a course.
Season was ok at times, slow a lot till we got rain of course. Best hunt was with my youngest near end of season. Love it when my kids want to go with me. :-)
I'm thinking I'll try learning a bit of crappie fishing soon since I got my lil boat to get around in now.

Deano
Deano
hunter

Postby ohsobad_hunter » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:22 pm

Deano,

I'm glad you could make some good memories in the field with your kids, after all, thats what its all about, right. I am sure that they will enjoy crappie fishing with you as well.

You should really consider shooting at some NSCA events, you can shoot hunters class (non-registered) for a while and if you like it, you can register and shoot competively. It is very fun and challenging and lets not forget, hopelessly addictive. We have several sporting clays shoots close to us, to name a few: Claythorne in Columbus, KS......Long Shot Ranch in Skiatook, OK....Red Castle in Tulsa.....Silverleaf in Guthrie....just to name a few.

:salude:
>>---Mat---->
ohsobad_hunter
hunter

Postby beeneeb » Tue May 01, 2007 11:04 pm

Hey "ohsobad_hunter"! Have you ever shot my sporting clays course out in Shawnee? I'm open from 9AM to 12PM on Saturdays. You can get directions from the following site:

http://www.claytargetsonline.com/club.php/1475

Cost is $10 for 50 Targets. I hope to see you soon.

Thanks,

B Batt
beeneeb
hunter

Postby ohsobad_hunter » Wed May 02, 2007 6:35 pm

Beeneeb,
I have been to Silverleaf, Long Shot, Red Castle, Claythorne and most others in the general area, but I have yet to make it to Twin Lakes....I hear that you have some great targets and definately good prices.

I will definately come to Shawnee and shoot your targets. Do you all throw registered targets? :thumbsup:
>>---Mat---->
ohsobad_hunter
hunter

Postby lameduck » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:32 pm

i have shot a few rounds at silverleaf it was my first time to do it. I saw alot of students from OSU there, do they have a team? If so can i get some info on it, anything would help. What is a good score on that course? I shot 89/100 dont know if that is good or bad. Its a good way to sooth an itchy trigger finger, but lets face it nothin beats puttin the smack down on a duck or two
lameduck
hunter

Postby ohsobad_hunter » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:38 am

Lameduck,

Wow, 89/100, I'm impressed. OSU does have a shooting team, but when I googled it, I couldn't find anything on it. :huh:

You should register with the NSCA and shoot registered, you would do well. :thumbsup:
>>---Mat---->
ohsobad_hunter
hunter

Postby lameduck » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:09 am

yeah i tried to look them up too and didn't find anything. Believe me it is probably beginners luck. What is an average score? Probably varies with wind conditions and courses, but just average day average, course what would you say is a decent score?
lameduck
hunter

Postby ohsobad_hunter » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:22 pm

Your top shooters are shooting scores in the 90's......maybe 96 for HOA for the shoot. I would say that an average score is around 60 or so. So an 89 is awesome!!! You really should join the NSCA, but let me warn you, it is expensive and very addicting!!!

http://www.mynsca.com/

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
>>---Mat---->
ohsobad_hunter
hunter

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting