oklahoma hunters

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

oklahoma hunters

Postby okshooter » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:51 pm

if there is anyone in here from oklahoma let me know so we can talk
okshooter
hunter

Postby duckincrazy » Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:50 pm

Yo! Whatdoyaknow! :P :D
duckincrazy
hunter

Postby Live to Hunt & Fish » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:47 pm

Hey,
I am from Oklahoma. I love to hunt and fish. Let me know what you want to talk about. I have been looking for some Oklahomans on here myself. I'm looking forward to talking to you.[/b]
Live to Hunt & Fish
hunter

South Central

Postby OklaDrake » Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:38 am

Hello all, 30 yo South Centeral Duck hunter here,,,,,let me rephrase, Duck Addict.....I raise and train my own Labs... had two litters in May.
I hunt in sloughs and along river beds on Red River and Muddy Boggy, anyone know where Muddy Boggy is?lol). Would like to chat with others in my area about anything concerning waterfowling.

Am looking to do some hunting around Madill and Kingston area this year, if anyone knows and good holes give me a holler.

Shot my first Canadian this year and am hooked already, Normally all we see around here are mallards , woodies and widgeon... all make a fine dressing, lol.

Wayne
If it flies, It dies!
OklaDrake
hunter

Postby Live to Hunt & Fish » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:13 pm

:help: Hey does anyone know of any public lakes or land that is any good in south central oklahoma. For duck or goose hunting? Preferably not far from Ardmore. I appreaciate the help. Thanx.
Live to Hunt & Fish
hunter

hunting south central ok

Postby steelshooter » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:40 pm

you might check and see if you can hunt scott king?
went fishing there early march and saw alot of ducks
flying around. My buddy and i are looking for a new place
to hunt ourselves cobb has gotten way to crowded.
GODD LUCK
steelshooter
hunter

Oklahoma

Postby ohsobad_hunter » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:16 pm

I am from Oklahoma and im proud of it.
>>---Mat---->
ohsobad_hunter
hunter

Postby puddlerjumper » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:58 pm

my name is duncan lippert, im one of the moderators of this forum, and the moderator of the shotguns and the hunting gear forum, i hunt all over the state, i havent duck hunted for long, but when i killed that first gadwall, i was hooked for life, i got a bunch of flambeaus, 5 dozen to be exact, 3 dozen mallard, 1 dozen pintail, and 1 dozen teal, i never have hunted over them though, i have always pond jumped, hence the user name, i hunt geese too, i never have hunted over those decoys, ive always pass shot, but i have 150 windsocks and a few floaters, i shoot a remington 870 express supermagnum, and will probably always shoot it unless one day i buy a new one, but, shes workin pretty good for me right now, my main areas that i hunt are around the prague, stroud, shawnee area, and the hennessey, bison, and kingfisher areas, anybody come up these ways, send me a pm, ill give you my phone number, and ill show you to some good hunting, i know all the areas and have access to a lot of land
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby okiequacker » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:41 am

Hi everyone!..I"m 42 yo from Tulsa,ok...Hunted ducks for 38 of those years...moved to Oklahoma in 1983. Lived in Arkansas from 1962-1983.
So now you know why I started Duck Hunting at age 4!..:) Anyway..Have not missed a year of ducks in all those years. I just love it!...Have Guided some in the past. Not any more. I use to hunt up around Nowata. I hunt private land now. Glad to be on here and see other okies!
Tom Cook
Born and raised in Arkansas flooded timber!
okiequacker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby OU » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:05 am

I'm Chris from Tulsa. Just found this site and looks as though I coulc become a regular here.

We hunt lakes, farm ponds, creeks, rivers and whatever else will hold ducks during the year. After the ducks have settled we wack our share of geese.

I've only been hunting for about 4 years now, but can say that I wouldn't want to do anything else. After killing my first mallard I was hooked. My first goal in duck hunting was to learn to run a duck call. After that first hunt, I knew that I wanted to be involved in the hunt and that I loved to hear the sound of that hen mallard and my goal was to imitate it to the best of my ability on a duck call. It seems as though it took forever, but one day it just clicked and I've been hooked on that and competition calling since.

Might meet some of you fellas in calling contest or at a hunting show one of these days.

Chris :salude:
Fowl Language Duck Calls:
The Call Ducks Swear By.

Git R' Done
OU
hunter

New OK hunter any info is great PM or email me

Postby NChunter » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:12 am

Hey everyone, my name is Chad and I recently moved to OKC where I work and have just begun to start looking for some places to hunt. I have family in Enid, but only have access to a few ponds in that area. Is that a good place to hunt or should I try somewhere else. I have hunted for about 4 years and have a yellow lab that is about as excited as I am for hunting season. I am looking for any info on public places to hunt or if anyone has some land and needs a hunting partner and dog to retrieve.

I have researched some of the WMAs in the area and have some potential prospects I will be scouting out in the future, but I wanted to get some opinions on where to hunt and where not to hunt. I have heard ft. cobb is great but gets extremely crowed. I think I am going to try and get a blind at the drawings for bell cow and draper lakes and scout thunderbird and the deep fork WMA. Are any of these places good or no?

Well i will end here and hope some will reply or send me a private message. On another note I am a huge bass angler and have a triton that is not exactly the best duck boat if you know what I mean, so if anyone wants to fish let me know i need to meet some outdoorsmen. Well its great being here and hope to hear from some of you soon.
Chad
NChunter
hunter

Postby shanetheduckkilla » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:58 pm

anyone know where atoka is alot of ducks there i go there every thanksgiving always see alot of ducks my aunt owns tons of land and tons of ponds sloughs and land on delaware and muddy boggy
shanetheduckkilla
hunter

Postby ok_kid » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:15 pm

hey wats up my names dalton im from gore this is only my second year duck hunting but i love it. anybody know anywhere good to hunt around her besides the refuge its crowded.
ok_kid
hunter

Postby ok_kid » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:16 pm

hey wats up my names dalton im from gore this is only my second year duck hunting but i love it. anybody know anywhere good to hunt around her besides the refuge its crowded.
ok_kid
hunter

Oklahoma hunters

Postby 870XMag » Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:23 pm

Hey everyone, my name is Eric and im from south central oklahoma. Been duck huntin since i was 16 and its grown to be my favorite game to hunt. Im open to any tips or suggestions on anything. Lookin forward to meetin all the okie hunters here and just maybe get to shoot some greenheads together. See yall later.
870XMag
hunter

Postby aaron » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:24 pm

Hi 870,

:welcome:
aaron
hunter

Postby REDLEGGER » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:32 pm

JUST AN OLD DUCK HUNTER HERE ANYONE ON FROM OKLAHOMA. HOWS YOUR SEASON BEEN GOING.ANY ONE INTERESTED IN A SURE FIRE WAY TO RIG YOUR DECOYS AND NEVER! HAVE A TANGLED LINE AGAIN JUST DROP ME A LINE AND I'LL PASS ON MY WAY OF DOING IT. :thumbsup:
" take a kid hunting you will never regret it"

" God, FAMILY, HUNTING IN THAT ORDER"
REDLEGGER
hunter

Postby okieducker » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:10 pm

Hey im from washington county lots of ducks, not to many geese yet. need more ponds to hunt!!!! were is kingfisher county at?
okieducker
hunter

Postby WiseQuack » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:31 pm

Where at in Washington County. I live in Norman now but i am from Bartlesville........I'm sure you know where that is........
WiseQuack
hunter

Postby okieducker » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:09 pm

yeah i used to live in bartlesville. I now live in ochelata, out in the country
okieducker
hunter

Postby vikingsfan » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:10 pm

My name is Ryan and i'm from central oklahoma and i love to duck hunt. If anybody has got info on the bill collector let me know b/c i'm thinking of getting one
vikingsfan
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:23 pm

I live in Edmond oklahoma
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Gooseboy » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:00 pm

this is the oklahoma forum.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby bruno12ga » Tue May 03, 2005 8:33 pm

hey
hey im 17 years old and me and my buddies hunt everyday that were not in school during hunting season we love it we deer hunt ,dove,turkey,and duck/goose hunt. we usually hunt all over from sand springs, weber falls,clevland ,olkmilgee,and places around bixby ,keystone lake ,deep fork places like that. me and my friend logan shoot so many ducks when its just me and him we always find the ducks i garentee that we killed more ducks then anyone this yaer we got our limit or close to it almost eveytime this season well let me hear back from you all
lata
"take 'em"
bruno12ga
hunter

Postby puddlerjumper » Tue May 17, 2005 9:16 pm

Do you hunt the Deep Fork WMA or do you have private property on Deep Fork. Where on the WMA do you see many ducks(if you don't want to tell me, it's cool, if you don't want to say it on here, just pm me) I always heard it was real good hunting out there. I went out there once and didn't hardly find any water. It was just me and my grandpa. We didn't have any maps or anything. I found some places that looked like it would be good flooded timber. I could tell it had flooded before just by the way everything was real soggy. It looked like we had just missed it.
puddlerjumper
hunter

Next

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting