Duck Hunting Forum banner

Already getting ready for next year!!!

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Gruberguy 
#1 ·
Well, it looks kind of quiet on here lately so i figured I'd add a new post. I am draining my slough aka beaver dam, i have installed a 4" pipe with a shutoff so I can drain it, plant it, and then reflood come September.

I was curious if anyone has ever planted Japanese millet, or any other kind of millet. I planted milo last year with great success, but hte blackbirds didn't leave much for the ducks!

#2 ·
I haven't planted any seed but one of my sons coaches did this past year, I'll ask him when I get back in town.
If you need any help, let me know. I'd be willing to put my boys and self to work helping out.
Wish I had enough property that I could do what your doing.

Deano

#3 ·
I have to get it drained first, then either burn or brushog it, then come May or June or so i'll plant that millet.... it is nice to see someone offering a hand. I have a coworker and FORMER hutning partner who never helped with anything this past year. He didn't help tie new line on decoys, getting the blind ready, and now he doesn't seem to want to help with the our newest plan. So...... he won't be hunting with me next year!!!

#4 ·
Know what you mean. Two of my co workers fish together, one doesn't offer to pay for fuel for boat etc all the time, don't think they are fishing together any more.
Heck, it all works out in the long run ya know. Buy lunch, fuel, do a little work here and there.......sure makes things go a lot smoother. Getting stuff ready is part of the fun, ya know.

Deano

#7 ·
You both are talking the right way ,
my hunting partner and I spend countless hours painting decoys repairing lines , working on the boat blind. planting feed plots.
REALLY make the hunts alot better

keep up the good work :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.