Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby nativeduckhunter » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:12 am

I was out scouting after the morning hunt. I went over to stinchcomb some scumbag left a nice mallard in the parking area behind blind 34 @ nw lake at stinchcomb. Why go to the trouble of breaking ice shooting the bird retriving it then leaving it lay plus its illegal. I hate people that do these things tgey give duck hunters a bad name. Should i have let a gamewarden know or just leave it alone.
nativeduckhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:23 pm


Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby wanapasaki » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:17 am

If someone did all that work and left a mallard there, I can guarantee you it was by mistake... Maybe he had an emergency like his dog got hurt or something?
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
User avatar
wanapasaki
hunter
 
Posts: 2472
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Tehachapi, CA

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby B.E.Nelli » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:25 am

wanapasaki wrote:If someone did all that work and left a mallard there, I can guarantee you it was by mistake... Maybe he had an emergency like his dog got hurt or something?


Not true at all...there are a LOT of hunters who go just to kill birds. Once they get back to the ramp, theyd just as soon throw em in a ditch. Its sickening.
User avatar
B.E.Nelli
hunter
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby wanapasaki » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:29 am

B.E.Nelli wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:If someone did all that work and left a mallard there, I can guarantee you it was by mistake... Maybe he had an emergency like his dog got hurt or something?


Not true at all...there are a LOT of hunters who go just to kill birds. Once they get back to the ramp, theyd just as soon throw em in a ditch. Its sickening.



not once in my life have I ever seen this... I've seen people make feeble attempts at collecting their rare coots. NEVER have I seen or heard of anyone leaving a table bird behind..
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
User avatar
wanapasaki
hunter
 
Posts: 2472
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Tehachapi, CA

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby LiquidA45 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:52 am

One time I got back to the house after a decent hunt and went to get the birds out of the back but couldn't find em. So I look to my buddy and ask "where is my game strap and the birds?" He replied "I sat them on the ground when I loaded my waders and guess I forgot to put them back in". Also know a guy that shot a banded teal one September and had it on the roof of his truck while he was packing up, left it up there and drove home...went back and looked for a couple of hours and couldn't find it.
LiquidA45
hunter
 
Posts: 791
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:01 pm
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby Duck Whisperer » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:22 pm

wanapasaki wrote:
B.E.Nelli wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:If someone did all that work and left a mallard there, I can guarantee you it was by mistake... Maybe he had an emergency like his dog got hurt or something?


Not true at all...there are a LOT of hunters who go just to kill birds. Once they get back to the ramp, theyd just as soon throw em in a ditch. Its sickening.



not once in my life have I ever seen this... I've seen people make feeble attempts at collecting their rare coots. NEVER have I seen or heard of anyone leaving a table bird behind..


Seen it a few times. Friend of mine watched kids throwing ducks out window in ditches as they drove home! I'm betting there are a number of guys who wait till they get home, then throw them away. Have had a few times where somebody left a duck or more on my tailgate. I'm sure the warden would understand that when I come in with 6 ducks and more are in my truck.
Pro Staff to nothin'
Sponsored by nobody
I just do it.......Duckin' Crazy!

They say there is "a fine line between genious and insanity". That's the line I live on.
DW
User avatar
Duck Whisperer
hunter
 
Posts: 1648
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:16 am
Location: Tulsa OK

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby nativeduckhunter » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:50 pm

They left all kinds of trash in the,blind half eaten mcds
nativeduckhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:23 pm

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby J.T.M.F » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:09 pm

I know a guy who shot 4 wood ducks one morning then tried to hide them so he wouldn't get in trouble. Some people just break the rules and sometime accidents just happen and things get left behind. I left my shotgun the blind last night but luckily I noticed before I left and walked back to get it.
User avatar
J.T.M.F
hunter
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby LiquidA45 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:26 pm

nativeduckhunter wrote:They left all kinds of trash in the,blind half eaten mcds


Baiting?
LiquidA45
hunter
 
Posts: 791
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:01 pm
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby jeff_osu » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:19 pm

I know a few folks that would be the type. They said things to insinuate they were out to just kill birds and didn't care about eating them. They want the photo, not necessarily the meal. The bird breeds so far north, makes the trip this far south, and its life is abruptly ended by someone who has no respect for the bird, someone who couldn't even begin to understand what that bird's life was like up to the point it was shot. Shameful.
User avatar
jeff_osu
hunter
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:30 pm
Location: OK

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby Specklebelly » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:30 pm

We saw 13 ducks and 2 geese on the bank today all set out for a picture. I guess that after the pic, they just left them for the buzzards. Some people are quite amazing.
I love my SP-10
User avatar
Specklebelly
hunter
 
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Bolarus IX

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby Rhock19 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:11 pm

^^Thats sickening. At least give the birds to someone who will eat them, or at least try to. To me that is one of the most unsportsmanlike things to do. Leave the birds to rot and not be put to good use. Every state should have laws like Alaska, either eat them, or cook them for someone who could use the meat.
User avatar
Rhock19
hunter
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:19 pm
Location: WI

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby jeff_osu » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:17 am

I believe Oklahoma does have that law. "Wanton waste" or some such.
User avatar
jeff_osu
hunter
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:30 pm
Location: OK

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby duckman3325 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:15 am

I saw some guys on Saturday riding around in their boat on the lake. At first I thought they were scouting but I seen them as we were leaving. going in every cove and they all had their guns out. It is illegal to flush ducks like that isn't it?
duckman3325
hunter
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:54 am

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby gadwall_guy » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:30 pm

Maybe they had the bird flu
gadwall_guy
hunter
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby tx12ga » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:04 pm

I think calling the guy a scumbag may be a little harsh, but with that being said I saw the same bird last time I hunted 34. You are also correct that the blind is full of trash. It's a shame that it's not kept up better, because it's a nice blind. I may take it upon myself next time I go out there to bring a trash bag and pick up a little, because who normally hunts that is careless. I was at the same one three or so years ago and remember there being MCDs trash littered around at that time too and a dead coot floating behind. It's a shame.
If your interested in politcs you should check out my blog, an Intolerable evil. http://isaacward.blogspot.com
Read. Comment. Subscribe.
tx12ga
hunter
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby River Ramblin' Man » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:43 pm

tx12ga wrote:I think calling the guy a scumbag may be a little harsh

Killing and leaving birds is about as low as it gets IMO. Calling him a scumbag is generous compared to some of the names that come to my mind.
sampsonhuntin wrote:Are you now on his knob like you were WTN10's before he internet choke slammed you?
User avatar
River Ramblin' Man
hunter
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:55 pm
Location: Coweta, Oklahoma

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby gadwall_guy » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:24 am

River Ramblin' Man wrote:
tx12ga wrote:I think calling the guy a scumbag may be a little harsh

Killing and leaving birds is about as low as it gets IMO. Calling him a scumbag is generous compared to some of the names that come to my mind.


Agreed.
gadwall_guy
hunter
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby jeff_osu » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:07 am

Report them to the game warden. It isn't tattling, wildlife is held in the public trust and they're stealing from all of us when they do things like that.
User avatar
jeff_osu
hunter
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:30 pm
Location: OK

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby red_duck » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:39 am

You eat what you kill...period!! Or give it to someone who wants to eat them.
Besides duck poppers (breast, jalepeno, bacon on grill) I take my breast to Seigi's in Tulsa and they make duck sausage and can add cheddar and jalepeno if desire...boy is it good.
Duck hunting is about so much more than killing.
red_duck
hunter
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:22 pm

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby MAJ MALFUNCTION » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:13 pm

red_duck wrote:I take my breast to Seigi's in Tulsa


You talking about Seigi's (the German deli) down on 91st, I think? If so, that place is AWESOME!!! I used to go there all the time, back when we used to live in Broken Arrow.

I didn't know they could make sausage out of your duck for you?
QUACK WHORE
User avatar
MAJ MALFUNCTION
hunter
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:10 am
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby Garand » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:28 pm

Yeah they do all kinds of wild game processing!

Including wild hogs..

http://siegis.businesscatalyst.com/asse ... sheet2.pdf
User avatar
Garand
hunter
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:08 am

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby Duck Whisperer » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:29 pm

red_duck wrote:You eat what you kill...period!! Or give it to someone who wants to eat them.
Besides duck poppers (breast, jalepeno, bacon on grill) I take my breast to Seigi's in Tulsa and they make duck sausage and can add cheddar and jalepeno if desire...boy is it good.
Duck hunting is about so much more than killing.



JFC!!!!! You newbies to the forum give away too much info. That's my honey hole!!!!! Love Seigi, but be warned, I'm pretty dern sure he "batches" game meat when he processes. Deer is somewhat forgiving, but I sure as Hades don't want to end up with my PRIME duck meat being mixed with God knows what other "hunters" bring in. Again, love the product, but I take precautions personally.
Pro Staff to nothin'
Sponsored by nobody
I just do it.......Duckin' Crazy!

They say there is "a fine line between genious and insanity". That's the line I live on.
DW
User avatar
Duck Whisperer
hunter
 
Posts: 1648
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:16 am
Location: Tulsa OK

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby MAJ MALFUNCTION » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:22 pm

Duck Whisperer wrote:
red_duck wrote:You eat what you kill...period!! Or give it to someone who wants to eat them.
Besides duck poppers (breast, jalepeno, bacon on grill) I take my breast to Seigi's in Tulsa and they make duck sausage and can add cheddar and jalepeno if desire...boy is it good.
Duck hunting is about so much more than killing.



JFC!!!!! You newbies to the forum give away too much info. That's my honey hole!!!!! Love Seigi, but be warned, I'm pretty dern sure he "batches" game meat when he processes. Deer is somewhat forgiving, but I sure as Hades don't want to end up with my PRIME duck meat being mixed with God knows what other "hunters" bring in. Again, love the product, but I take precautions personally.


Not to worry DW, I promise to only bring THE BEST Coots that we shoot during the season, to be incorporated into your snausages. :thumbsup:
QUACK WHORE
User avatar
MAJ MALFUNCTION
hunter
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:10 am
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma

Re: Scumbag leaves duck at nw lake at stinchcomb

Postby MAJ MALFUNCTION » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:35 pm

Garand wrote:Yeah they do all kinds of wild game processing!

Including wild hogs..

http://siegis.businesscatalyst.com/asse ... sheet2.pdf


Thanks Gary!

I used to harvest a lot of Wild Russian Boar in Germany, while I was stationed over there, but the German always checked/certified the meat to be free of trichinosis, etc., before any person consumed it. We have a lot of pigs running around the ranch and shoot quite a few, but I've always been slightly hesitant to butcher/eat any of them.
QUACK WHORE
User avatar
MAJ MALFUNCTION
hunter
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:10 am
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma


Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests