Moving to Oklahoma

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Moving to Oklahoma

Postby noodle » Fri May 18, 2007 10:40 pm

Hey guys I'm from Missouri and have been hunting waterfowl since I was old enough to sholder a gun I'm 24 now and have alot of decoys, goose and ducks but I moving to Broken Arrow OK. soon and don't know anything about the land where to hunt or anything. But if anyone knows any public land or needs a hunting buddy let me know.
Gump, GET DOWN AND SHUT UP!!!!
noodle
hunter

Postby eric orsburn » Sun May 20, 2007 8:08 pm

hi welcome il ive about an hour from you im in th same boat but i got few places a couple dogs and a few decoys so maybe we can get together and kill a few.
shoot first ask questions later
eric orsburn
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Sat May 26, 2007 3:21 pm

The closets and probably the best public land near Broken Arrow is Fort Gibson Lake or somewhere on the Verdigris or Arkansas River. If you have a boat that would help a lot but if you don't you can still hunt successfully without one, but it is much harder to find places and have successful hunts without one. I didn't have a boat for a few years and it was hard for me to find places to go. I live in Owasso. Anyway I just got a boat a few years back and that has made it a lot easier. I have the best luck on Sequoyah NWR on Kerr Lake but that is a 2 hour drive for me, I am trying to find more places to hunt that are nearby. :skeet:
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Same up here!

Postby naddaf20 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:54 pm

I live in Tulsa, and I don,t know any one to hunt with, most of the time I go by myself. I,d be glad to have a friend like u! please email me if u are int. naddaf20@gmail.com
naddaf20
hunter

welcome

Postby Deano » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:51 pm

Welcome to Oklahoma. There are quite a few public hunting places in the NE corner of the state. Eufaula, Keystone, Kaw, Oolagah, Ft. Gibson, just to name a few.

D
Deano
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:57 pm

Broken Arrow isn't too far from Eufaula, and there are tons of good areas on Eufaula if we have enough water. I might do a hunt at Eufaula this year. I am staying at Arrowhead SP for a night or 2 this weekend to see some relatives and do some crappie and sand bass fishing. :biggrin:
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby backwater91 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:37 pm

I dont know how long ago you posted this, but i live in Broken Arrow too and I have a boat but no one to go hunting with. If you are still looking: email me at miller.ericj@gmail.com

see you
backwater91
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:18 pm

I got back from Arrowhead yesterday. The crappie are biting well around bridges if you know what you're doing(I didn't). This guy in a fancy 20ft black skeeter was slaying the crappie every day using jigs fishing with a very sensitive rod. I couldn't even tell if one was biting my line or not and neither could anyone else but him. He caught 25 yesterday and 37 on friday. It was my first time on Eufaula anyway so I'm not really disappointed. BTW the guy said he was catching them 12-15ft. Maybe next weekend I can go to Skiatook and try for some sand bass in the morning and then fish for crappie.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting