Job Opportunities

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Job Opportunities

Postby quackattack1991 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:10 pm

I know this is a long shot, but I figured I would utilize as many resources as possible in my search for a job.

I am graduating this coming spring from Wichita State University. My degree is in marketing with a minor in management. I really am open to working in any field, I would just like to get around the Tulsa area. Don't have any internships that will blow anyone away, but I do have relevant work experience and exceptional grades/campus involvement. I come here because I literally have zero networking connections in Oklahoma. I'm hoping I can get my resume in the hands of the right person and go from there.

Again, I know it's a long shot, but maybe one of my fellow waterfowlers can come through for me. Thanks guys!

ETA: I spent 4 years living in Altus when my dad was stationed there from 03-07. I'm not completely a foreigner.
2012-2013 Season

Looking forward to it
quackattack1991
hunter

Re: Job Opportunities

Postby LiquidA45 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:12 am

I don't know of anything outside of banking but I will just give you a heads up. There is a company in Tulsa that contacts a lot of people regarding a "Marketing" job. They say they are looking for an account manager and you will be handling fortune 500 companies like AT&T. They take you out for lunch/dinner for an interview and then, more than likely, offer you the job. Guess what the AT&T account manager does, knocks on doors trying to sell AT&T U-Verse.

They contacted everyone in my graduating class last spring and I know of at least one person who actually took the job. He was bragging to me after his first day saying he would make $1,000/week. He then quit a month later after pocketing about $600 working 30 hr weeks. I can't recall the name of the company but just be cautious of things like that.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby JMichigan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:17 pm

If you want to stay in the area I would suggest looking at oil companies. Search the websites for something you like. There is a lot going on around here these days
JMichigan
hunter

Postby quackattack1991 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:47 pm

Liquid, we talked in the past, and I appreciate your advice. I am extremely cautious around things like that. Most of the time, if it's too good to be true, it is. Especially when involving sales. I respect companies that do sales and hire salesman, but I am well aware that there are companies like that.

JMichigan, thank you for the advice as well. Oil and Gas is really what I would like to get into, but........ so does everyone else. It's an extremely hard sector to break into especially with my major. If I could find a decent job making decent money in the area I would be more than happy.

Looking into a Fortune 500 company that does payroll services in the area. Not exactly what I want to do, but then again, at 22 who does know what they want to do? If I end up in the area, I will keep all you guys in mind. I haven't been to OK to hunt in 3 years, but we have access to some pretty awesome land in the SW portion of the state. Killed far more ducks in OK then I ever have in KS.
2012-2013 Season

Looking forward to it
quackattack1991
hunter

Postby Nerdwick » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:37 am

Shoot me a PM.....

My wife is looking for a sales/liaison positon for our hospital...You would drive all over the state and talk to doctors/Nurses trying gain me accounts.

My brother works for an Oil/tool company here in OKC and they have some stuff available as well from time to time as well.

-Ryan
Nerdwick
hunter

Postby quackattack1991 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:44 am

Ryan,

Sent you a pm. Thanks for your response
2012-2013 Season

Looking forward to it
quackattack1991
hunter

Postby Nerdwick » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:00 am

No worries brother...I just got it

Stay tuned and hope some happens for ya...
Nerdwick
hunter

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting